How fast will it go? >

How fast will it go?

Notices

How fast will it go?

Old 11-02-2004, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How fast will it go?

That hull will be very intersting at 78 or above......
Old 11-02-2004, 11:28 PM
HeavyChevSS

Tim,
Do you still have those props for sale? If so how much, what kind of condition etc..
Mats- also interested in hearing how your testing goes. I have a Powerplay 230 Conquest which is very similiar hull in which I just replaced the 330/454 with a 502/502 and looking for hints.
Thanks,
Rich

Old 11-04-2004, 02:25 PM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!

FYI - removed the hooks from my '88 235 Force hull this past summer. Unfortunately, I didn't get to play with it very much, because most of the time I had the family (5-month-old baby) on board and had to put the tabs down and plow around like a cruiser. The few times I did get to wring it out a little bit, it didn't feel like I picked up much. I do notice a little more tendency to porpoise, especially at cruise. This is easy to correct by dropping a little more tab or trim. I really think I need to try a different prop, something that gets the bow out of the water - with more cup like a Mirage + instead of the plain ol' Mirage that's on there now. I guess I really need to get a GPS on there to know where I'm at - not even sure if it is running all that great right now. You guys that are running a lot more HP and higher speeds will probably benefit a lot more than I did.

In short, as the saying goes, your mileage may vary.

I think what I really need is more hull in the water - anyone have a nice 265 Force or DVX that they want to unload?
Old 12-08-2004, 04:00 AM
Registered

Hey BadDog is your Baja still alive? No post over this period...
Old 12-29-2004, 10:26 AM
Registered

Hi Baddog,

is your 235 force still alive? I have the same boat over here in Switzerland. But it's very hard to get parts here. How much do you think would it cost to install:

ZZ 502/502 (502 HP) long block
ATI Pro Chargeer SC-1 Stage 1
Stainless Marine Exhaust
Corsa quick & quiet plus
Oil cooler with thermostat
Pyrometer kit (exhaust temperature)

Would be very helpful to have a guess from your side to compare with the dealers over here.

Best regards,

Damian
Old 12-29-2004, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Budman
anyone have a nice 265 Force or DVX that they want to unload?
Wish I would have known you were looking, just sold my force 265. its still in the family, and he may sell it. im not sure boating is his thing yet
Old 12-29-2004, 10:47 AM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!

What year and power? And, if you don't mind me asking, what is the approximate price - just wondering what these boats are going for these days. Might be time to get some more hull in the water. Wife got her Christmas present, now it's time for mine...
Old 12-29-2004, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Damian,
You should see 80 with 635 HP. I have had this boat for 14 years with 4 power combinations. Here is what I have noticed.
Until you break 58 to 60 the hull is pretty much stuck in the water, you can really feel it free up at around 60. Once you get past 60 it does not take much more power to build speed. Once you get into the 70's the nose starts to plant and it takes all sorts of power to build speed. Prop choice is very important with this hull. You need a butt load of bow lift to make these things run right. That hull was just not meant to go that fast. You end up over trimming and then twist the wheel slightly to rock up on the pad and then trim back down a touch.

No way to estimate what your cost to install would be other than if you cut corners it will cost you more.

Second season on this power package, B&M 250 with Nickerson carb. No problems and the jetting is still spot on. I am going to drop my boost this winter as there is only a few MPH left behind with the greater boost. The hull just scoots right up to 73 then you have to work it hard to get 80. I am guessing dropping 50 HP or so will not hurt my top end much as I generally only run short burst up to WFO.

Previous replies suggested hull would be scary at 80. Stable as can be nothing strange all the way up and no evil manners if you back out quick. Great hull if you keep it below 75. I am going to have Houston Prop work my prop to see if I can get some more bow lift, bet I get my speed back with less boost.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:18 AM
Registered

Bad,

thanks for your response. Sounds very interesting... ;-) Over here they would ask me over 25Ks for these combination inclusive work. What kind of prop did you run with to get these results? Do you have some pictures from your boat?

Thanks.

Damian
Old 12-31-2004, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

27P Mirage Plus XZ drive @1.5, no pictures yet but my son just a dgital camera.

Quick Reply: How fast will it go?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.