Marine Air Conditioning Problem? >

Marine Air Conditioning Problem?

Notices

Marine Air Conditioning Problem?

Old 07-07-2006, 09:32 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts
Default Re: Marine Air Conditioning Problem?

Guys....here's another common problem i've been running into as of late.....not related to this thread directly but it still may help someone in the future. Ive gotten a few calls about replacement pumps...and it turns out a few guys have bought the wrong size pump for their A/C units......with A/C units up to 6000 BTU's you need a pump that will supply at least 250 Gallons per hour.......A/C units up to 24,000 BUT's you need a pump that will do 500 Gallons per hour....and with units that output 45,000 - 48,000 BTU's you need a pump that will do 900-1000 Gallons per hour. I've had 3 guys yesterday alone that called me and had the wrong size pumps for their applications. And if you have multiple A/C units.....its better to have separate pumps for each unit but if you must use one pump make sure its able to supply enough water for both BTU outputs combined in case they ever run at the same time!!! Nothing like angry customers calling cause their A/C is not working!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!