Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Acclerator Prop Delivers >

Acclerator Prop Delivers

Notices

Acclerator Prop Delivers

Old 05-03-2004, 11:19 PM
Hardcore

Hi Darin. I have just recently bought a prop from you. I had actually changed my order to a 15x29 Accelerator re-pitched to 30" but I got a 14 3/8 x 27 re-pitched to 29. I decided to keep it because it truly is a beautiful prop and I knew you know what you're doing. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised that with the smaller blade area the prop would plane the boat as easily as a Bravo 1 26 and have better acceleration to boot. However, the prop doesn't't seem to have quite the top end I would expect from a 29" as has about 14 - 17% slip depending on the load I'm carrying. In short it behaves more like a 27 than a 29. I want to send the prop back to you for a re-work but I was wondering if I could instead trade it in for an upgrade to like a 32" Bravo-rator and pay you for a reasonable difference in value as this prop is definitely too small for my boat?

Old 05-04-2004, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Hardcore

The prop sounds good,yes we can work a true 29 pitch up higher in pitch ,it will be slower out on plane as you know and the accleration will be slower but you will surley pickup some more top-end, providing you keep the rpm up wher it needs to be .???? where are you on rpm and where does it need to be?? Glad you like the Apperance of the prop and the performance,but if you want to go faster we are here for you. Darin