Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Looking for a boat, need help >

Looking for a boat, need help

Notices

Looking for a boat, need help

Old 01-07-2004, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh I forgot to say that I looked at the Black Thunder website. I had to order a new keyboard shortly after that. Now that is what I call a cabin. I need to save a few more penny's to get one, though.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:27 PM
mshea

Default FS - Fountain 10-M w/o engines

Crewn - I don't actually have current jpegs. Send me a note to [email protected] and I'll try to come up with a few. Basically, she's a '84 that was sent to the factory in '89 for cosmetic updating, then put into a shed for eight years until I bought her. Same exact hull as a 35 lightning without the steps or integrated swim platform. There are several on yachtworld.com that are similar. Very reasonable overnight/weekend accommodations below and hardly ever used. Big v-berth and twin 6' settees, sink, ice chest, hanging locker.

MS

Old 01-08-2004, 05:24 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Check out Powerquest 30' 34' 38' Duckys of Middletown PA 1-717-944-4232 has the best used 29' w/ 454 mags in the country , it was my trade
the boat is a 93 but runs a shows new, it may still be available, call them. I still have all the maintenance records on the boat. good luck.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:30 AM
Registered

crewn, have you made up your mind on a boat. If not PM me I have two fountains that are for sale near me with no B.S. that goes with them.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Registered

Crewn,

I have had both, Formula & Fountain. My feeling is that the Formula has more room and is a heavier boat (over built). The Fountain has less room, feels to be a lighter ride and also the handling is more nimble (perfectly built). You certainly wouldn't be disappointed with either boat.

When it comes to buying a boat without motors: the time and expense of installing power, transmissions, drives, props and all of the other miscellaneous things that go with it, is significantly more than if you bought the best and newest model that you can afford now, as opposed to upgrading later.

Bottom line, if you are going to do all of that work, make sure that its the boat you are going to keep for many years.

Good Luck!
Old 01-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Registered

Thanks for all the input. I guess I need to take some test drive. The main reason I want to a boat without motors is I am going to tare then out eventually, I just figured I would try to start a few steps ahead. A boat that is ready for the water is by far the best option, after thinking things through. I can't take a test drive without motors. More stuff to think about, thanks again.
Old 01-12-2004, 04:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Check'n it out !!!

crewn,
As everyone has said, check out a lot of boats and websites. We have a few boats fitting the criteria that you are looking for. WWW.OFFSHORE-PERFORMANCE.COM ... If you need to talk to anyone about this or just to get some info, feel free to call.
Good luck on your search.

Pwrbt33
Offshore Performance
1-877-gofast1
410-827-0200 x-1 ask for John Wilmoth

Old 01-12-2004, 06:33 PM
Steamfitter

Crewn, if your playing with the 6-BT's call Bruce at diesel injection down here in Cheswick PA Marine application you can keep them cool, I don't think you will have a problem with 400+ HP

Old 01-12-2004, 06:38 PM
Steamfitter

Oh I forgot,,,,if your playing with N-14's, NT or NTC 855's, or the KT's,,,,You can get over 1000 HP, but there is no way a 30 something boat can float them.