Marine Audio Questions >

Marine Audio Questions

Notices

Marine Audio Questions

Old 01-11-2004, 06:41 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have had great luck with Clarion Marine audio. I have had it in three different boats and it has always worked great. In this boat I have the clarion unit that is waterproff and has sirrus sat. radio with the wired remote w/ LCD on the dash.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my $.02 on audio:
for marine, Clarion makes good decks and components. For Amps, I run Precision Power, and for subwoffers, I run infinity (good), but am upgrading to JL (The BEST).

Stock audio setups work fine at the dock or at the beach, but if you want to run while underway, you almost always need to upgrade. Even my two 260hp 350's will drown out what I have now.
~Paul
Old 02-02-2004, 10:45 PM
Registered

I own a high-end car, marine and home audio business and have seen many installations performed by amatuers that think they are experts. There is no substitute to experience and dedication. With twenty-one years in the biz, rarely do I see a detail oriented, well thought out installation.

When choosing a system, remember that the long-term performance and reliablity of the system begins with your choice of whom you choose to do the installation. You can purchase the best equipment and still have a poor system if not properly installed.

Have you seem the new MBQuart marine radio. Has a wired remote like the Clarion with many marine features like 30 skip memory, conformal coated board, many auxilliary inputs, low battery warning and shutoff and more. The new MBQUart speaker line rocks loud and clear.

If you need equipment advice feel free to private to: [email protected] or when you are in Tampa, feel free to visit Buzz-Off Alarm Systems and Maximum Audio.

Andy Buzz
Old 02-03-2004, 11:46 AM
Registered

I agree with what has been said, get the manufactor to install better equipment. If someone is buying a new boat talk to Andy, he's in the business and owns an outerlimit so he truly understands high end. I will have him talk to the manufactor and tell them where to install backing plates, what size hole to cut and what gauge wiring to rig and then have Andy install the componants.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys. I'm waiting for an intergrated system that has a hard drive to store music, plays dvd's, mp3,s cd's and satellite xm or sirius. Even a combination of most of these options. It would have to be simple too! A remote is definately needed. And after it comes out, I'll wait until the price is under $1500 If I had an electronics engineering degree I'd be inventin' If we can have cell phones that send color pics. we can have these too...
Until then I'm reasonably happy with a Jensen CD W/remote 50W.x4 Auto Zone apx. $120
Cartech publishes an excellent book called High Performance Car Stereo. Many of the principles and tech. info can be applied to a marine application. Having enough power output from the alternator(s) along with heavy enough power leads to amps is a good starting point. If anyone does this type of installation themselves it is Important to have more than just expensive components. I'm talking Real Insight is needed here baby! I know what it's like to underpower an Orion 700W amp and fry it ! I like Pionneer. I have a ridiculous system in my car. Pioneer 8200 deck with built in crossover and sub woofer controller with 3 sets of RCA outputs. 12CD changer,Mtx Amp, drives my 6000 series(I think) aluminum framed, heavy constructed woofers. They throw some punch!!! And clean bass!!! You need good enclosures. I have seperate 1" thick boxes. After I put a 540 0r bigger motor in my boat maybe then I'll do a killer system. Maybe I should just get a bigger boat. Check out the book. I feel that good Acoustics are very important to get the most out of any amount of money spent on audio. I also agree on the proper installation. I'm A NY City Fireman and see many car fires due to shoddy installations. I'm sure it has happened with boats too. Have fun BBB
Old 02-03-2004, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am with Herbert(A bear)
If you can, Bring it to Andy.
BBB