Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   Rtech fits older style M-3 and M-4 Procharger (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/68461-rtech-fits-older-style-m-3-m-4-procharger.html)

tomcat 01-10-2004 10:37 AM

Rtech fits older style M-3 and M-4 Procharger

1 Attachment(s)
An OSO member sent me his older style M-3 and the physical dimensions are the same as those given in the latest catalog for the M-4. The supercooler is mounted on a Dart intake.

I am making a pattern to manufacture a custom silicone transition hose for this application. Similar to the M-1/M-2 conversion a slight dogleg is required. I have mocked it up with tape in this picture.

The supercooler has been tested at 1000 HP and delivers 89% cooling effectivenes at this HP level. This should be a good match for M-3/M-4 owners looking to upgrade their remote mount 504 intercoolers.

tomcat 01-10-2004 10:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Front view

shawn 01-10-2004 12:06 PM

Tom, your mailbox is full. What will be the cost of a complete unit through you? Compressor, chiller etc. You previously said to get the carb and fuel upgrade from Dean.

thanks
shawn

26sonic 01-10-2004 12:22 PM

tomcat of r-tech super cooler when is the unit going to be ready for the 502 efi's using the m3 self contained pro charged systems ?

cobra marty 01-10-2004 01:57 PM

Is that a motor inside your living room?

Turbojack 01-10-2004 05:08 PM

Sunday we are going to do a fitting to see how the Rtech will work with the Holley EFI Domminator intake, 2000cfm throttle body & the M4. Hope I can sleep tonight.

Cobra - You don't expect him to work in the garage do you? It's cold up there.

tomcat 01-10-2004 07:54 PM

Shawn: Sorry abouty the mailbox. Talk to Dean Nickerson for the complete setup. He is our dealer in your area. He has done two systems already and is doing another two in the near future.

26sonic: The HP500EFI setup is in the works, and I hope to use the same design on the 502MPI engine with slight changes. As with the carb version it will fit both Vortech and Procharger blowers.

Hey Marty: Doesn't everybody on OSO have a blower engine in their house? I've got a question for you; do you have both a J-trim and an X-trim and are they the same outside dimensions? You know why I'm asking.

cobra marty 01-10-2004 08:35 PM

I'm going to get them tonight and will be home tomorrow. They are the same size only the inlet opening is different.

dyno 01-12-2004 07:08 AM

can you buy the blower and brackets without the box???

tomcat 01-12-2004 07:47 AM

If you mean buy the M-4 without the dual carb box and 504 intercooler, I think the answer is yes, just tell them it's for aftermarket EFI and you have your own custom intercooler. After we do our first M-4 installation we will approach Procharger and hopefully they will sell us the components at WD prices so we can offer an M-4/Supercooler kit.

Turbojack just did a trial fitting with the Supercooler and the alignment of the blower outlet and box inlet was almost perfect. He will post some pictures soon. He is using an EFI system from Force Fuel Injection based on the Holley intake manifold with a 2000 CFM throttle body.