Pfaff or Teague or ? >

Pfaff or Teague or ?

Notices

Pfaff or Teague or ?

Old 09-05-2004, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pfaff or Teague or ?

I am in Southern Calif. I want to have an engine built, about 800hp N/A greatly prefer EFI. Which is the better way to go, Pfaff or Teague or perhaps there is some one else I should consider. Horsepower is horsepower as long as they dyno about the same but my main consideration is engine longevity and service. I am ready to do this now but not sure of who to have do it.
Second consideration: I was thinking of a Imco Extreme SC, will that handle the HP? How about Max Motor Works? What about the gimbal?
Old 09-05-2004, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Pfaff or Teague or ?

I'm putting on the Max Preped drives in a couple weeks. I'l let you know how it goes.
Old 09-05-2004, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tee it up... call me (818) 269-5021.....
Old 09-05-2004, 11:53 AM
Registered

I would use pfaff for your engine package and IMCO extreme sc drive. that is my opinion. I'm on the eastcoast I have my own shop CMS Racing engines I have had great reliabiaty IMCO prod. and paul builds a great engine package
food for thought tony p4-5 CMS RACING
Old 09-05-2004, 12:05 PM
Registered

We can help you with your engine package. We offer an 800HP EFI engine that is naturally aspirated and carries a 1 yr warranty. We also have a service center on the west coast, or any warranty work can be done by the shop of your choice. Feel free to give me a call if we can help you, or if you would like to fly in, we can show you some of our engines in action.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 09-05-2004, 12:59 PM
Registered

Bob Teague and his shop are a first class operation. I bought a boat from one of his people and flew out to California to water test the boat and met Bob. He is a very nice and extremely knowledgeable guy. They make a 800hp efi and they also have their Teague platinum drive. They probably can make a package deal. My experience dealing with them has been great. Good luck
Old 09-06-2004, 12:54 AM
Registered

Pfaff is a first class shop with excellent customer service. Give up on the 496?
Old 09-06-2004, 08:20 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

I like pfaff. I drove the "mission possible" 34 Eliminator with Pfaff 600" 700 or 750hp na efi motors. Unbelievable power. It pulled in the midrange like a studded snowmobile on grass. I think the boat did 101mph (in '97 or '98) in the article. Idled decent. Ate drives weekly. I almost bought it, but we couldn't keep drives on it.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by shockwaveharry
Pfaff is a first class shop with excellent customer service. Give up on the 496?
I think so. Have not decided 100% but even with the Raylar upgrade which sounds pretty cool, it just may not have the juice to make the 28 Daytona hull work properly. I think I need at least 70mph to pack air and then I would probably want more speed once I get the taste. I might like a blower motor but I am afraid of the maintainence costs and potential of a big time motor failure.
Old 09-06-2004, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

TEEITUP
Both of these guys are quality people and can build you a great piece. If youd like one of our guys here in the shop has a Daytona with one of our blower motors and is currently one of the fastest if not the fastest in the bay we have it set up with an xr and have never had any problems with either the engine or the drive if youd like we could also build you one of our packages and you could also fly in and let us take you for a ride to see how you like the set up for speed and reliability.Our packages can be supplied with IMCO set ups as we are one of their suppliers in Fla. I feel our engine packages are the best priced on the market and you cant go wrong with our riliability and power also.Sincerely Laz Mesa

Quick Reply: Pfaff or Teague or ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.