TOO LOUD !!!!! possible inexpensive fix

Notices

TOO LOUD !!!!! possible inexpensive fix

Old 05-13-2005, 01:20 PM
VP
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: TOO LOUD !!!!! possible inexpensive fix

You are going to see in the pictures that I rotated my elbows towards the outside a little, not because of interference, but to ensure that I didn't blow hot exhaust onto my rams during WOT.

Lots of heat, even though it is wet.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:43 PM
Registered

Where to h&&l is hector? Sounds like a guy that has not come home yet. Hector Home of Red cat.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Troutly, I like the Snufflers! I think you were misinformed about the ITS not being able to use the switchables. It has an extension tube in the box that is there expressly for the ability to hook up the thru-hub pipe in exactly the same location as the standard Bravo. They just put the block off plate on it if you don't use it. You are right though about the Stellings box, there is already alot going on in the box with the extra driveline and the ability to adjust the drive height.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry about the confusion, I should have read more carefully. The extra X height must raise the ITS enough to interfere because the ITS housing is close to the same height on the transom as a Bravo. The Stellings box is probably higher yet to allow X adjustment above crank centerline.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:15 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by carney
Where to h&&l is hector? Sounds like a guy that has not come home yet. Hector Home of Red cat.
Hector? Hell, I don't even know her!
Hector is down the road from Valois.

My Aunt ran the General Store/Post Office, in Valois, many years ago.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:49 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.drewmarine.com/ seem to work well with my 502Mag
reduces 10-14dba from a no muffler setup. I got stopped they looked under the hatch, checked my saftey gear and went on there way.
never said anything except I should carry one of those canned airhorns
as a backup
Attached Thumbnails TOO LOUD !!!!! possible inexpensive fix-newshotguns.jpg  
Old 05-14-2005, 10:42 PM
Registered

I like the insert idea. I was wondering if there was that option available. The 38zx has rectangular exhaust ports that I really didn't want to have to modify. The inline option I will try. Thanks for the tip.

Mike
Old 05-15-2005, 08:22 AM
VP
Registered

Well, the weather was too crappy to do the dB reading, but here is a picture to show how I angled the Troutly Rubber Mufflers outward to keep the heat off the steering rams and hoses. I will try and get sound level readings after I get back in town later in week, and will report.

Sorry for the appearance with all the black on the transom - just rebuilt engine and rings have not seated yet - went thru a qt of oil first couple times out.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...d=143196&stc=1
Attached Thumbnails TOO LOUD !!!!! possible inexpensive fix-429-2.gif  
Old 06-16-2005, 09:33 PM
VP
Registered

Well we had our County Sheriff noise test session last weekend -- the SPBA club that is -

The Troutly snufflers recorded an 88.3 dB actual, and 85.3 corrected (they give the boater the benefit of any possible error - so we get 3 dB deducted)

We had 4 boats fail (barely) out of about 17 or so -- so all in all, it was a good day

No tickets were issued -- our club was actually helping out the local sheriffs department by giving them some data so they could try and shut up the habitual complainers on our lake -- these "do gooders" think it is their lake, and think no one else should use it (ie: jet skis and power boats). They were quite pleased that we would work with them and give them some ammunition. It was like they were on our side !!

Anyhow -- the snufflers worked great -- thanks again
Old 06-17-2005, 04:26 AM
Registered

Hector is directly across the Lake from Dundee, where I have one of my offices.

And it is north of Watkins Glen where the Indy Racing League was testing on Wednesday. They return for a race in September.

Anyone want to buy a brand new Corsa Captain's Call ?(switchable thru prop or thru transom)

A buddy of mine has one and got ticketed last summer.

I've added an ITS and do not have room for the Capt's Call, so am going with Livorsi E series mufflers on tips with internal flappers . Fred at Trick Marine suggested them.

Does anybody have these and what is your experience? I hope to be testing mine soon when the boat comes back from the rigger.

Quick Reply: TOO LOUD !!!!! possible inexpensive fix

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.