Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
which eliminator would you buy? >

which eliminator would you buy?

Notices

which eliminator would you buy?

Old 10-29-2004, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: which eliminator would you buy?

My 00' 28 Tall deck runs 103 gps turnng 30 bravo's IN @5700 2 people light fuel. Stock 500EFI's with raised rev limiters on boxes, no shortys. I can run 98 with 5 people and full of fuel and gear. It ran 97 before the boxes / raised limiters. My 28 does not hop anywhere...I've tried to make it hop and can't....that was before and after the boxes. I've been told that turning the props out will give a porpose in the midrange.

Last edited by jdnca1; 10-29-2004 at 03:39 PM.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:46 PM
Registered

I Am Currently Running A 2003 28 Tall Deck. 620+hp Bowtie Blocks, Imco Extensions, Xr 1.35 , Imco Lower 2 In Shorite With 1 Inch Spacer 30 Px5 Hydromotives 111 Gps With 3/4 Tank Of Fuel And The Boat Runs Perfectly Flat, No Hopping At All With This Setup. Great Part Of The 28 Tall Deck Is The Cabin Is Taller Than The 30. The Rig Is Also Easy To Trailer, Launch, Etc... The 28 Is A Great Rough Water Hull!!!!
Old 10-30-2004, 08:13 AM
Registered

I cant understand why my 28 Daytona is so slow. I had the motors freshened up this summer because they had 300 hours on them. They were running fine
but every person has said that hp 500's should have the valve springs replaced at 250 hours. I had asked the previous owner who told me that he did not change the springs. I had new springs, rocker arms, and lifters done and the shop did a leak down test before the work was done and it leaked down 8% which was like a new motor. The shop said that the springs were not
broken but recommended changing them for preventative maintenance. Well after all the work was done the boat ran the exact same. 95 on GPS @5050 RPS
turning bravo 30p 4blade labed props. I can not get the rpms any higher unless I over trim the drives and then the props blow out. I must have a slow set up. The shop that did the work said to try 2 inch shorty lowers because the boat feels like it is being held back by the drives. I think the nose of the boat feels like it cant air out enough and I don't know how to free it up.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2004, 08:43 AM
Registered

Dave;

I assume your 500's are Carbed? What exhaust do you have? You're not that slow at 95 without boxes either. I think shortys will work, BUT you'll need to put pick-ups in the boat as the drives will be too high to get water. I think you need to consider turning more RPM's...like 5600 even if you need to change props. I picked up a few from the boxes and a few more from the ability to turn the motors harder, IMO. Before with 30's I was on the limiters @94-95, (5200) I bought a set of 33's that are labbed and it ran 97.5 but took FOREVER to get there....Now I just turn the 30's harder, havn't tried the 33's since boxes. My 28 takes a lot of trim to carry the bow also about 4.5 on the bluewater, and the boat still runs somewhat flat. Only thing I do is start with a lot of trim then start bumping it back down. Go from like 6.5 back to 4.5-4.0 slowly.

Eliminator does put their drives everywhere.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:09 AM
Registered

They are carbs and the exhaust is the stock Gil. I do not know how to get the 30p props to turn more rpms without increasing hp. I think I will just be satisfied with the boat as is and in a few years sell it and get a faster boat like a 33 daytona or a 36 spectre or skater which both are faster lighter boats. Spectre has a sweet new 32 hull with 6 step bottom that is supposed to be really fast. I am going to sell my my 30p bravo 4 blades. They are new with 5 hours. I have the Mercury box's, hubs, nuts ect. I will sell both for $1000.00 and i will try 28p bravos 1.

Last edited by NJDave; 10-30-2004 at 09:26 AM. Reason: add something
Old 10-31-2004, 04:59 PM
monsta

try a thined , labbed set of 30's

Old 10-31-2004, 08:47 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

NJDAVE, like jdnca1 said, Eliminator installs drives all lover the place and sometimes not the the same on both sides.

Your speeds do not look that bad. Boxes and drive hight can make a lot of difference on some of the 28 Daytonas.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:38 PM
Registered

Randy
Haven't heard from you in a long time,Glad to hear that your boat is still running good. I've had a lot of problems this year but think that I have most of it sorta out now and my eliminator seems to be ok even thou most of the new parts that I got for it are sitting on tne bench.The bad thing about that is that they were in and I ended up taking most of them back out.. Sucks!! I should have left the damn thing alone but I had 117 hours on the motors and thought it was about time to redue the top end, bad decision..Should have left it alone!But who really knows..
Green card from your area was talking to me about my extra cat trailer, but he must have changed his mind or found one somewhere else..Its ok it dosent eat anything and its really not in the way.Next time you are coming this way let me know and we can have a drink and do some bench rapping..I will do the same if I get the chance to come your way..
Les/eliminatior219
Old 11-01-2004, 08:47 AM
Registered

Guys the props are labed 30's. As far as eliminator installing the drives all over the place I think this is not
true. I spoke directly to Eliminator and they said they have set template's for every model boat and the drive installation is consistent. They had said that customers do request different height's for specific applications and in that instance they will move the drive hight on a new boat being built as per the customer. If their is no special request than all of the boats are built based on there template.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by NJDave
I had new springs, rocker arms, and lifters done and the shop did a leak down test before the work was done and it leaked down 8% which was like a new motor. The shop said that the springs were not
broken but recommended changing them for preventative maintenance. Well after all the work was done the boat ran the exact same. 95 on GPS @5050 RPS
turning bravo 30p 4blade labed props.
Dave,

Unless the valves are floating at high RPM, you will not get any more horsepower with new valve springs, rockers and lifters. Those parts only keep the valve train following the cam profile. In fact, with new springs, you might even get a little less speed, because the stiffer springs will increase friction. You may want to try a different cam profile, to boost the power at high RPM.

Michael