feed back on dean nickerson's carb work >

feed back on dean nickerson's carb work

Notices

feed back on dean nickerson's carb work

Old 11-04-2004, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: feed back on dean nickerson's carb work

I know Dean and used his cam,heads,carbs he is the man.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:13 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a Dean carb blower package. Ran so bad I just about threw the whole dam thing in the lake 1 day! Had to change plugs once right after the idle zone just to get on plane. Sent the carb to another shop and had it boost referenced. Ran like an EFI motor after that.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dean makes nice carbs. His motor work has a little to be desired. Had him build a mild blower motor and dyno it. It surged 500 rpm. each way. Got very little time on motor before it was junk. Now running a Zul motor. no comparisson.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a 638 cubic inch. normally aspirated engine on our dyno yesterday. We ran it on one of Dean's junkers first. It had a air/fuel ratio of 16.5 with 100 jets and a high flow power valve. It would not use any fuel or make any horsepower. Put on a five year old carb. that Carb Shop did for a blower engine and engine came to life. The engine sounded much cleaner and we gained thirty horsepower. We are running the second one tomorrow and will try a stock HP holley.
It seams that Dean has the wrong boosters in this carb. The carb. can't figure out what to do with the fuel.

Steve
Old 11-05-2004, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

anyone have the # for force 10 marine in st pete the # info gave me is out of service. 727-513-1666 is a bad # for them now.thx
Old 11-07-2004, 11:00 PM
HeavyChevSS

Sorry I didn't see your post until just now. Correct number is 727-573-1666.

Old 11-07-2004, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 28 SCARAB
Dean makes nice carbs. His motor work has a little to be desired. Had him build a mild blower motor and dyno it. It surged 500 rpm. each way. Got very little time on motor before it was junk. Now running a Zul motor. no comparisson.
I would say his stuff is nice except for this one job that 28SCARAB brought to us.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sent Dean my carbs for my procharged 502s and could not even get the boat on plane. Back fired, sputtered, ran like crap. Had another shop dial them in. Not sure it was his fault since he was not able to tune them on my motors. I just gave him the carbs and my engine specs. If you want your motors dialed in, I suggest whomever you chose, bring them your motors and not just the carbs.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:02 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let's clarify something here.
I had a Nickerson carb on my boat when I bought it.
It was a single 1050/B&M 250 setup. It ran like crap. Soot, dockability sucked, etc.
I posted a thread called, "To Boost Reference or not to Boost Reference". There was all kinds of responses. I was told you had to externally boost reference and that I didn't have to. It was confusing to say the least. One day soon after the posting of that thread, I got this phone call from Dean Nickerson. Somehow he caught wind of my thread. He does not post on this board or any board, for all I know.
Anyway, he explains that he has learned many things in regards to my 1050/B&M 250 setup. He encourages me to send me his Carb, that I have on my boat, to make improvements. I send the carb to him rather than Bobby Daniels or Bruce Dudley (remember those has beens) and low and behold it works like a charm.
So, all this crap on Deans Carbs not working could be true but when were these carbs built and who had their dickskinners in them after he returned it.
I have had him do two carbs for two different motors (NA and Blown) with excellent results.
That's my story and couldn't be happier.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have bragged on Dean's work before on OSO. In fact OSO members are the ones that recommended him to me. I had a Procharged full roller 454 in a 252 Formula that fouled plugs badly. Terrible soot on transom. Slow to start. Sent the carb to Dean & got it back in 5 days. Only had to set the idle on reciept. No soot, ran & started like EFI even after sitting for a couple of weeks. Never fouled another plug. Excellent work & you can actually talk to Dean rather than a clerk or what-ever. He even offered to read my plugs periodically (under a microscope) for free if I sent them to him (which I did). It is a good way to check for any aluminum being transferred to the plugs from your pistons due to lean burn conditions. Recommended process in blown applications. Go for it!!
Carb work is a lot cheaper than engines.

Quick Reply: feed back on dean nickerson's carb work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.