Bravo III won't go down >

Bravo III won't go down

Notices

Bravo III won't go down

Old 08-25-2021, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Drive won't go down

The rams are perfectly clean. They never sit in the water. Fluid has no water or milky look to it. I just built a 3000 PSI test guage and will establish if it is the pump, or the left or right Ram. I will provide feedback once I established the answer.
Thanks for your interest.

Steve
Old 09-18-2021, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you all for your time in attempting to help me fix this problem. Since last writing, I have resolved the problem. After testing the hydraulic lines at the drive for pressure and testing the rams for pressure, it seemed pretty clear that the problem was the pump. I believe the only problem is the "overload valve" in the bottom of the pump which is supposed to release pressure if a grounding occurs. I wasn't going to go thru the effort to remove the pump and try to replace that valve so I bought a new pump. they are available between $300 and $400 complete. I put the new pump in and I am back in business. Bleeding by raising and lowering a few times and we are good as new. Now I have a spare for parts-hopefully I won't ever need it.
As a note, before buying the pump I removed one of the rams from the drive while the drive was in the full up (out) position. Both rams were connected to the hydraulic lines. I wanted to make sure one ram wasn't holding the other from moving. Upon activating the switch to go down, there was no movement in either ram. This confirmed to me it was the pump.

Thank you again for your time. I love this site!

Steve