Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 575SCi Mercs

Originally Posted by mcollinstn
Well. It's a TECHNICAL issue...
And now that you've asked a QUESTION,
and I've ANSWERED it, it is apparent that it belongs here in

"Technical Q & A"

As far as the real reason for it being here?
SemperFi was interested in a pair of engines from my friend's boat. I had given him info and he wanted some pics. So I told him I'd post them here (not particularly suitable for General since it doesn't involve beer, but not Offtopic, so Technical it is..). When I got to looking, I couldn't find any bilge shots. But since I told him I'd post pics here, I figured something is better than nothing. I plan to post more engine pics later, although he has decided to pass on the motors. Jon's (AudioFN) being victimized by a recent scam-job has admittedly made him skittish about buying from a board member.

These 575SCi's are slated to be replaced by a pair of 572 Blown EFI 850's from Competition Marine. They need to find a new home. Chillers. 7psi. Strong. Low hours cause they keep blowing drives off the boat which sadly has kept it from being used as much as hoped...

And yes, I have more pictures of the chick.
he couldn't keep drives on it w/ 575's so he is putting on 850's?
Old 12-08-2004, 01:34 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

needs some surface drives for that ride...
Old 12-08-2004, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Thanks for the info. I have decided to pass because of the fact of some people having problems buying from other people on the board. Like I said before, I do apologise to MC, but I don't know him or his friend and spending $29K on motors I don't have any info on....no pictures, serial #'s, engine hours, etc.... doesn't sit right with me. It doesn't seem worth the hassle. I do buy from Fred @ Trick marine without any problem
I still owe BoardGod1 $$ for the EFI's I bought from him. I was planning on selling those when I get them and getting the 575's. I've known BoardGod1 for a while and I know what I am getting with his motors.
*Best of luck to your friend to sell the motors. I don't hink he will have a problem.
Despite Jon's troubles, the huge majority of the board can be trusted implicitly.
Of course I respect your decision, and the fact that it is yours to make.

But I had to say that.

Although it does kind of look like you are ripping off BG1!
Old 12-08-2004, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Mc,

Here is a picture of 575's (just helping you out)

And then one with the motors under us. Get your xray goggles to see the blowers.

Last edited by EvilTwin; 08-15-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fund razor
Despite Jon's troubles, the huge majority of the board can be trusted implicitly.
Of course I respect your decision, and the fact that it is yours to make.

But I had to say that.

Although it does kind of look like you are ripping off BG1!
I have made alot of friends/aqauintences on this board, however, I do trust only a few people I know on this board--because I know them personally. That is in no way a shot at MC, just the facts. It is way too easy here to lose money, have the seller mis-represent the product, etc.... It would be a hassle to go to see the motors (fly there) have them tested, shipped out here, etc.....

I wasn't "ripping BG1 off" as you put it. I was purchasing the 500EFI's from BoardGod1 and was also going to buy the 575's and re-sell the 500EFI's. There was never a doubt about my intention of buying the 500EFI's from BG1.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:08 PM
Registered

It was just a general statement and a little teasing.

I didn't mean to make you defend yourself. It is of course, totally your business and your comfort level. I wasn't defending Mc, or anything.

But I have formed some pretty good opinions about people from what they say and how they treat people. I think that most regular posters on this particular board are very straight up people. You included. But you are right about knowing somebody personally when it's big money. I would be tempted to go GET to know them for that kind of money.

Didn't mean to put you on the defensive. Just a vote of confidence in many folks on OSO.

Good luck. Have a good night.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mcollinstn
And yes, I have more pictures of the chick.
Well let's see em!!!
Old 12-08-2004, 09:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

I've taken no offense at Semper's decision. Quite the contrary. And the following dialogue isn't designed to irritate Semper, but to reign in what might grow to be a pretty big misconception.

I just started this thread with pics because I told him I would post some, and I saw no reason to kill the post when I discovered he had become uninterested.

But I will address that I don't expect anybody to purchase anything like a pair of motors without complete information, pictures, history, and a personal inspection (or two). And Gerard (Semper), you kind of make it sound like you were being pressured to make a decision on partial information and unresolved promises. Not the case at all. While I was trying to make good on getting detailed information on motors that are currently 500 miles away, you changed your mind. No problem. But to say, "but I don't know him or his friend and spending $29K on motors I don't have any info on....no pictures, serial #'s, engine hours, etc.... doesn't sit right with me." sort of makes it sound like I was trying to twist your arm off. Or to get some sort of deposit. That's not how I try to operate. I never received your email address or phone number, so how was I to know that you had reached the "serious point" of purchasing negotiation and it had become imperative to deliver information rapidly or risk being branded as a scam seller?

I apologize for mentioning your name in this thread if you have taken some offense to it. Wasn't my intention. I see no reason for offense, as the entire reason for this thread was to show you some pictures and people may want to know why you decided not to purchase. On my side, I had rather people know you just got cold feet on a private party Internet deal, instead of people thinking you actually found something wrong with these motors. Cause these motors are going to be sold (unless the owner changes his mind again and decided to keep them) and this forum represents a pretty significant slice of the market pool of buyers out there for them. For these motors to be "silently branded" as being unworthy doesn't help me any in finding a new home for them. And these motors are worthy.

As far as Sean's question about blowing drives and upgrading hp: It blew XR's off of it like cheap rubbers. It was then fitted with BMaxes. The first three outings with BMaxes were ruined by shifting problems, not breakage. The next two outings were ruined by the BMaxes shearing studs off the lowers - and then new ARP studs and helicoils were fitted along with drive dowels which fixed that issue. The next outing was ruined by a sheared BMax propshaft, that was supposedly from a bad batch of heat treatment - new one is supposed to be good for the hp. Most recent BMax problem was sticking in gear which is now supposed to be fixed. So the owner now feels that the drives are finally sorted out and it is time to throw more hp at it. This enthusiasm is not exactly shared by myself, as I was thrilled when he had a deal brewing on an identical boat with drysump sixes and eickert 1000efi's - but that deal went sour due to a broker that was telling the actual seller something different than he was telling the buyer.. So now he has some nicely tweaked Merc 575SCi's that would be worth LESS with major mods - which has brought about the decision to sell the 575's intact and build new 850's.

EvilTwin: These look a lot like that, cept they have Chillers.

BryanW: here you go
Attached Thumbnails 575SCi Mercs-chik.jpg  

Last edited by mcollinstn; 12-08-2004 at 09:44 PM.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

And please let me say that I don't expect or want ANYBODY to trust me because of what I might or might not type on this board. I expect anybody buying something from me to treat me like you'd treat any random joe out of the classifieds. If I'm representing some parts or hardware, I expect to be required to show its merits.

These motors belong to my friend and have never actually BEEN ADVERTISED. They were going to be sold in the current boat as a boat trade was giong to take place. Then it looked like a potential buyer for the boat might be more interested in buying it WITHOUT POWER as he had big motors already. This prompted me to mention (in another thread a month ago) that these 575s might be available if a three party deal could be arranged. That's when Semper hopped on board with some passing interest. This past week was the first time that it looked like the motors would be sold out of the boat to make room for bigger motors for the existing owner. So I checked to see if he was still interested. Nothing more nothing less. The normal information you'd include in a classified ad has not even been prepared and the fact that the boat is in St. Louis and I (and the seller) am in Nashville makes it a little tougher to get the pics and S/N's than it would if it was sitting in its usual spot in the warehouse a few miles from my couch.

Quick Reply: 575SCi Mercs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.