Trim Pump Pressure Relief Valve >

Trim Pump Pressure Relief Valve

Notices

Trim Pump Pressure Relief Valve

Old 01-05-2005, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Trim Pump Pressure Relief Valve

Double check the line routing as I said in my previous post. The high pressure port is the "UP" port on the pump body (left side as you look at the pump). This should be hooked to the end of the cylinder towards the transom and should extend the cylinder. If that is correct, determine what your output pressure is. If it's in the 2000+ psi range, it may be a Bravo pump, which has a tough time getting to 3000psi because it's a faster rate pump (taller rotor) that has more rotor leakage and takes more hp to turn. If it's already a 3000+psi pump (competition style), you really can't push it much higher. And as FloridianSon said, you should find out what the max working pressure your rams are designed for.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FloridianSon
mmwalters no your problem would be leak down in some outher form.Maybe the thermal relief.Maybe shuttles.
Good point, I forgot he's not talking about pushing the tab down, it pushes up, I assume, without the pump running. When the pump is not turning, the locking/shuttle valves hold the pressure, not the standard relief pump pressure valves. Also there is a thermal/overload relief valve on the high pressure side that could leak.

Just a little over-zealous in responding the first time.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I have tried 2 new bravo style pumps and one used HP pump with the same results. Has enough pressure to extend the tab but will not hold in position. The hoses are correct , when I reversed them the tab would not fully extend. I don't want to seem stupid but what are shuttles? I did reseal the cylinders and they looked ok.
Shawn sorry if you feel I hyjacked your thread but you still owe me a boat ride

Last edited by mmwalters; 01-05-2005 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:59 PM
Registered

system
Attached Thumbnails Trim Pump Pressure Relief Valve-january-6-2005.jpg  
Old 01-05-2005, 11:05 PM
Registered

#1 shuttle #4 thermal relief that is on the up side or the tab down.#3#4 pressure relief they make the pressure that the specs call for.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:06 PM
Registered

Am I right assuming the 4 is on the high pressure side? So If I increase the pressure on that spring my system will hold more pressure?
Old 01-05-2005, 11:09 PM
Registered

walters if you have tryed new pumpes then I would think you need a stronger spring on the thermal but I have never seen one offered.I think the problem is it is a single tab with a lot of pressure on it from the boat.Just my .02
Old 01-05-2005, 11:09 PM
Registered

Sorry we need to be in the chat room Yes I think if you increase the spring size it will take more pressure before it would let anything slip by.

Last edited by FloridianSon; 01-05-2005 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:10 PM
Registered

After trying more than one pump, I would test/check the rams. What kind of rams are they? For a quick test of the o-rings, you could extend the cylinders completely, remove and cap the low pressure line at the rod end of the cylinder but leave the cylinder port open, then run the pump a bit more. Does more oil come out of the cylinder port? If so, it has to be leaking around the piston.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:10 PM
Registered

Ok I think I am understanding now .An increase in spring pressure on 1 and 4 will help my system hold more pressure. Is that correct?.
Thank you very much for all the help. I have been working with this problem for 2 years with no sucess.

Quick Reply: Trim Pump Pressure Relief Valve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.