Whipple charger on 525EFI >

Whipple charger on 525EFI

Notices

Whipple charger on 525EFI

Old 02-12-2005, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Re: Whipple charger on 525EFI

Well I talked to Mr. Whipple himself because I have a 525 efi and I am looking for options to get around 750 HP for my boat. I asked him about the heating issue and he said it isn't a problem with the whipple install. I had called a vortech dealer and the vortech factory said they wouldn't recommend using their product on 525's because of the closed cooling.

I have to admit, in the past I have always thought the procharger technology made better sense because it is easier on your drives, but after looking at pics of the whipple symstem on a 525 I don't know how anyone could come up with a better looking package. Man that is beautiful. It's looks like something stock from the Merc factory.

http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/...sp?ProdID=1180

Does anyone have any feedback on whipple/525 efi install? Did they go with a bigger heat exchanger?

I'm looking for opinions here, I have a set of brand new 525 efi's but want to put 700 - 750 HP in my boat. Would you whipple them or just have a set of engines built for that purpose? One thing I do know is that I dont want to have to adjust valves so I"m going with hydraulic lifters.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

you could call mark at Precision , there is a 525 there now for a whipple. he can give you truthfull info.

i am not Precision , just a client. 504* 469 *7463
Old 02-12-2005, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Throttle 525
Hey Guys:

Anyone install a Whipple Charger on a 525 EFI? If so, what are your comments? How about price? Where can I get it? Thanks in advance for your help.

Ron L.
hey ron , doing one rite now on a 30 super boat. actually not so bad, he kit itself is all inclusive. all old electronics are gone and get replaced.i'm on long island , and all we do at our facility is rigging, and install's. we could definitely help you out.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:38 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by monstaaa
hey ron , doing one rite now on a 30 super boat. actually not so bad, he kit itself is all inclusive. all old electronics are gone and get replaced.i'm on long island , and all we do at our facility is rigging, and install's. we could definitely help you out.
The ones I am hearing about with the factory ECM on the 525's are having problems.

monstaaa they are saying there changing the hole fuel injection on them to make it work.

Ron did you call Mark at Precision yet?

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
The ones I am hearing about with the factory ECM on the 525's are having problems.

monstaaa they are saying there changing the hole fuel injection on them to make it work.

Ron did you call Mark at Precision yet?
ABSOLUTELY, BASICALLY YOUR LEFT WITH YOUR ORIGINAL LONG BLOCK, THE REST IS ALL NEW BABY. KNOCK SENORS, TEP, NEW DISTRIBUTOR, INTAKE, YOU GET IT.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:49 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by monstaaa
ABSOLUTELY, BASICALLY YOUR LEFT WITH YOUR ORIGINAL LONG BLOCK, THE REST IS ALL NEW BABY. KNOCK SENORS, TEP, NEW DISTRIBUTOR, INTAKE, YOU GET IT.
Monstaa Is that they way its coming from Dustin now?

There saying they are scraping the 525 ecu's with the Whipples . A fast tech would be nice

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Strip:

I haven't contacted anyone yet..just gathering information and waiting for my warranty to expire. However, from what I'm hearing, it seems as though there are some major changes to the engine. being a greenhorn about all this stuff makes we want to wait until they have things perfected.

For now, I'm going to play with a few props to get optimum performance on the stock engine. However, my Pantera with the 525 needs more power to get it up around the 80 mark. I feel the boat runs the best in the high 70's low 80's.

Thanks for all the information.

Thanks Monstaaa
Old 02-13-2005, 01:25 PM
Registered

Any time you make more HP you build more heat. If you do install a supercharger and you have trouble with the motor running hot, just have to buy a big HP closed cooling unit used on innovation motors that will fit in the same location and are priced very reasonable. Roughly $1000 new. I wouldn't let the overheating issue be a factor with your supercharger decision.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

FT, Sorry to ask again but what r u seeing for speeds now with stock 525 and what prop? Thanks
Old 02-13-2005, 04:16 PM
Registered

Re: Whipple charger on 525EFI

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Monstaa Is that they way its coming from Dustin now?

There saying they are scraping the 525 ecu's with the Whipples . A fast tech would be nice

absolutely, you replace the entire management system as a whole. The new unit is a complete package from fuel system to ignition system , etc,,,,,,. evidently mercury has of yet not released the rights to mess with or improve the 525 ecu to the after market world. how ever keep watch 525 guys for theres a couple of companys that sprung some big woo for those rite's.hhhhmmmmmmm hhhmmmmmmmmm, arizona is one.

Quick Reply: Whipple charger on 525EFI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.