Notices

Piston Sprayers

Old 02-09-2005, 08:15 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Piston Sprayers

Originally Posted by cstraub
B&B, Joe Stef bought B&B 7 years ago. So B&B are out of the same facility in Lakewood, NJ. I work from home in TN.

Chris
Chris I use to be WD with B&B and Canton . I guess the sale changed things .I use to deal with a guy by the name of Jeff there, he was real helpful.So is that Steff oil pans now? Ive been out of it for a while .

So Chirs what kind of work you doing from the house now?

Rob Stringer

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rob,
If you were WD with B&B then you are grandfathered in with B&B with some stipulations. You can e-mail me for details. No Jeff at the shop. Stef's purchased B&B to compliment the Stef's line.

The B&B line has expanded into locks, retainers, studs, and other cylinder head components. This is my background, design, marketing, and tech support. Joe was wanting to grow the line and I was looking for a change, so it worked for both of us. . .with one condition: this southern boy wasn't movin' to Jersey!!!

Camshafts are a hobby of mine and have been fiddlin' with them for several years now.

Chris
Old 02-10-2005, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CcanDo
Laz,have you seen much pressure drop with needle cam bearings?How do you feel about lifter bushings?and,what about solid push rods? In case someone is considering piston oilers,you may want to ask laz before you do!
You wont have any oil press drop with the needle bearings because when they are installed they block off the oil hole they require such small amount of oil that it relies on splash only the front and rear cam bore has to be modified to lubricate the oil galleries and front chain and so on . The oilers make you loose about 3 to 5 psi because they draw oil from the main saddle which is also modified to extract oil from there I'm going to try to post some pics of the next one I do so you guys can see and yes for extreme endurance use only it's quite costly. Sincerely Laz Mesa
Old 02-10-2005, 08:46 AM
Gold Member

[QUOTE=Strip Poker 388][IMG]

You dont find many people doing this ,just the higher end guys Crower cals theres Inrad cams.

That is true, when I see Laz working on this machine he is their for a long time. It takes alot of skill to do this and Laz does it for alot of engine builders in our field around the 48 states. When in doubt call Laz and he will walk you through any task when it comes to machine and engine building. Their is not one machine that Laz does not have to do any type of work, it is all in house.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ttt
Old 04-03-2005, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

I was surfing the tech section when I stumbled across this thread.

Piston oilers sound like a great idea for supercharged engines. Keeping the piston cool should help delay detonation all things equal? What about coating the piston? If you do cool the pistons enough will you reduce the amount that they expand and have to change clearances? Who has done this on a supercharged engine and seen increased life and/or detonation protection? Would you talk about it if you had success in this area?
Old 04-03-2005, 08:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

Coatings and sprayers both will reduce piston temps.
Reduced pistons temps are definitely the right stuff for blower motors.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Registered

The new Cadillac STS V has piston sprayers also. They are the type that spray oil on the underside of the piston crown.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:34 PM
MarineKinetics
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Laz,
Is it similar to this system?
Attached Thumbnails Piston Sprayers-sprayjet.gif  
Old 04-06-2005, 05:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

RMbuilder,that's correct.Now,we need opinion on orifice diameter of the spray nozzle.The question is;should the diameter change from wet sump to dry sump?

Quick Reply: Piston Sprayers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.