Drive shower or not to Drive shower ? >

Drive shower or not to Drive shower ?

Notices

Drive shower or not to Drive shower ?

Old 02-12-2005, 02:11 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Drive shower or not to Drive shower ?

Here is what i have.
Absolutley love them. Have no build up at all. Drives are as black as new.
They really do a great job putting the water where it needs to be, not just shooting it anywhere
http://www.innovativemarine.net/
Old 02-12-2005, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’ve been building a Billet Cap with a built-in shower since 1995. Like most other good ideas everyone copies them. Some even say they are the original. Check out everything at: www.getrealperformance.com or call 805-968-6122
Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2005, 04:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heck I even have a Simrek on my cruiser and now old farts at the marina want them on their boat also
The following users liked this post:
SimrekinNC (01-29-2021)
Old 02-13-2005, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Like US1 says...Its ALL in the pickup.....the ebay ones ARE NOT Simreks.....his pick up design is close to Simrek but not the same.....the Simrek pick up is patented.......have an issue of Hot Boat from a yr or so ago and they do a round up of a bunch of single engine open bow lake rods they love so much....... like 5 of the 7 or so boats they test have the IMCO showers on them with that 45deg pick up........it can be VERY clearly seen from the running shots on all 5 of them that there is absolutly NO water coming out of that shower WHATSOEVER.....the 'Bravo One' stickers on the drive can be easily read!!.......gimmie a couple of days and I'll dig up the issue...............doug
Old 02-13-2005, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twinn29
Like US1 says...Its ALL in the pickup.....the ebay ones ARE NOT Simreks.....his pick up design is close to Simrek but not the same.....the Simrek pick up is patented.......have an issue of Hot Boat from a yr or so ago and they do a round up of a bunch of single engine open bow lake rods they love so much....... like 5 of the 7 or so boats they test have the IMCO showers on them with that 45deg pick up........it can be VERY clearly seen from the running shots on all 5 of them that there is absolutly NO water coming out of that shower WHATSOEVER.....the 'Bravo One' stickers on the drive can be easily read!!.......gimmie a couple of days and I'll dig up the issue...............doug
My boat is probably lighter than most of the Go Fasts on the forum but I have run 50+ for 20 minutes and have no white yet and drive still looks new. I do want to do some poker runs this year so I can bet that opportunity is there for meltdowns :-)
Old 02-13-2005, 01:56 PM
Registered

Does anyone make a drive shower for the OMC king cobra? Does the design of this outdrive need a shower; the water pump is up in the top end.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:20 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

OMC King Cobras have it all over Mercs when it comes to oil circulation. Enough moves around from top to bottom and vice versa that they stay relatively cool unlike the Alphas and Bravos.
On Mercs what's up top pretty much stays there and what's in the bottom pretty much stays there. So the bottoms cool and the top hot
Old 02-13-2005, 04:11 PM
Registered

Thanks MOPOWER, what an insightful response without one bad word on OMC.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:49 PM
Registered

I was wondering, how does the water get into the pick up? I have a Eddie Marine shower here, not installed yet. You drill throught the cavitation plate and the pick up sticks thru the plate , an inch? I see that once on plane and trimmed out the pick up is in the air a few inches? Will the prop wash force water up? If its a closed end type pick up it needs to be in the water, ?
Old 02-13-2005, 10:24 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

The cav plate is on top of the water, it will not lift above it. There is lots of water pressure there and it will push the water up the shower. The only problem with the 45 deg ends is when you trim up, the end is tilted too much and stops picking up water.

Quick Reply: Drive shower or not to Drive shower ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.