lightning exhaust

Notices

lightning exhaust

Old 02-18-2005, 08:32 AM
Charter Member #1472
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: lightning exhaust

don't forget about bassett racing in california,i've had 2 sets now,paul is an awsome guy to deal with,you talk to him he makes the headers,there water jacketed just like the lightnings,i put them on at the sametime as my innercooler and picked 10 mph,they are a little loud,there was a guy behind me in the creek one one day,i had the boat off,well time to run,started the engine ,it looked like you hit him in the head with a 2x4.it scared the $hit out him.i couldn't help but laugh.i still chuckle thinking about it.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harper220
400 rpm's??? That's a good chunk of speed... What kind of boat and power?
the boat is a 1988 28'scarab excel with a stock 454 magnum (365hp). When i installed them I took off the inline silencers also. That may have helped also.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Prowler
don't forget about bassett racing in california,i've had 2 sets now,paul is an awsome guy to deal with,you talk to him he makes the headers,there water jacketed just like the lightnings,i put them on at the sametime as my innercooler and picked 10 mph,they are a little loud,there was a guy behind me in the creek one one day,i had the boat off,well time to run,started the engine ,it looked like you hit him in the head with a 2x4.it scared the $hit out him.i couldn't help but laugh.i still chuckle thinking about it.
My best friends' kids will not ride in my boat because they say it is to loud. The neighbors at the lake don't like my early morning passes
Old 02-18-2005, 09:02 AM
Registered

Can't say enough about them, I gained 6.1 MPH on a GPS!
Old 02-18-2005, 10:08 AM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

I have had a set for about 8 years now and zero problems.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:31 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I have them on my boat and havn't had any problems. They were custom built for my application and there were some problems with misplaced fittings. I also felt that the welding was a bit rough. A set of CMI's they are definetly not, but then again, they cost a fraction of CMI's.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Where is the best place to buy them?
Old 02-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

For Standard Jacketed Header - Big Block Chevy 454-502 Merc 36" Wide we sell them for $1699.99 Part #310-40304

The all stainless steel version #310-40300 (satin) runs $2,595.99 Fully polished is slightly more.

You can see all of the systems available at http://www.cpperformance.com/product...ng-headers.htm
Old 02-18-2005, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey guys,
I've got them on my own boat. 454's in a Fountain. I use the stainless, I wouldn't even think of using the standard ones. I've run them for 2 years with no problems. I tore my motors down this winter and had Jan at Lightning check the headers out. No charge and they came back with a clean bill of health. Can't say enough good things about them. They look, sound and perform great!

They can be powdercoated almost any color you want or can be polished. They come standard in gloss black and look sweet!

If you guys need them pm me, call or email. I'll match anyone else's prices. And if you don't like them when you get them I'll take them back, no questions!

Finn
[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails lightning exhaust-new-power-2s.jpg   lightning exhaust-new-power-3s.jpg  
Old 02-18-2005, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Jonas,
How'd that TRS lower I sent you work out? The frieght cost to Sweden was a bit much so I hope it was usable...

If not I'll send you another, on me no frieght. Anything else you need too. And next time I call you I hope you're not in the middle of a night club again!

Quick Reply: lightning exhaust

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.