Best Drive Showers?? >

Best Drive Showers??

Notices

Best Drive Showers??

Old 02-22-2005, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Best Drive Showers??

I have a 6" X on my stepped hull little Donzi.

After installing a Simrek, there was zero difference with speed or handling. I am running a 28p Bravo.

The only difference I noticed is how nice and shiny the drive stays.

Kent
Old 02-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not to beat this dead horse anymore, but why does a shower pickup cause a problem and not the 1000's of boats that have the steering tab? It hangs down alot further. Seen it many times the dang thing is way off fom straight. How do those boats get on plain? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The hell with it! After reading all this cavation stuff and weather or not showers are even needed, I'll pass. I don't see anybody complaining that doesn't have them.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Not to beat this dead horse anymore, but why does a shower pickup cause a problem and not the 1000's of boats that have the steering tab? It hangs down alot further. Seen it many times the dang thing is way off fom straight. How do those boats get on plain? Inquiring minds want to know.
I would tend to agree. The Simrek pick ups don't stick down more that 1/2".
Old 02-22-2005, 05:18 PM
Registered

Let's see if we can clear a few things up

1. What you are talking about is ventilation not caviatation.
Look at how they get some of the 6 drive boats on plane, those tubes are to ventilate the prop so it slips. If the pick up on a shower is too close to the prop in may suck a small amount of air and slip the prop. that's why you need the pick up point to the rear of the plate.

2. to shower or not to shower...when my friend got his new early production XR drive he called me and asked if I knew of a good shower. I asked him why and he told me because everyone has one. AFT a hour talk on the phone and my inablity to convince him he did not need one, I told him to call Merc...their answer..if it needed one don't you think we would have added one.

3. The whole oil viscosity vs. sear strength vs. temp comes into play but think margaritas...when it thins out (with some temp) it flows better and sear strength doesn't drop as much as you might think.

4. Of all the bravo's I have seen apart..not one would I call a high temp oil failure. In fact, in my opinion, more have been from lose of lube at point, cold oil. Think of running the motor without warming the oil.

5. On the race boat I have seen oil temps of 250...that is not to hot for modern syn. lubes. But it will make your drive chalky. If it's all about looks go for it...it f it's all about performance, I would really have to think twice.

Mike
Old 04-06-2005, 08:50 AM
Registered

Hello all,
I just joined a few minutes ago. What an awesome Forum. I think I'll be upgrading my account right away.

I'm looking to get a pair of SIMREK Halo's if anyone is intrested in getting together for a group discount. If we order 6 or more you get 15% off and free shipping. I need 2 so all we need is 4 more.
Anyone intrested?
Old 04-06-2006, 11:14 AM
Registered

Rich I may be in for 2 also within a week or so
Old 04-06-2006, 12:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RichardP
Hello all,
I just joined a few minutes ago. What an awesome Forum. I think I'll be upgrading my account right away.

I'm looking to get a pair of SIMREK Halo's if anyone is intrested in getting together for a group discount. If we order 6 or more you get 15% off and free shipping. I need 2 so all we need is 4 more.
Anyone intrested?
That would be free shipping to one spot, right, then you need to ship out to the other people that you buy in with.
Why not just buy your simreks from Fred at Trickmarine.net
His price is 14% off the price on the simrek site, and you are done.

Plus you are supporting a OSO advertiser.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zanie
That would be free shipping to one spot, right, then you need to ship out to the other people that you buy in with.
Why not just buy your simreks from Fred at Trickmarine.net
His price is 14% off the price on the simrek site, and you are done.

Plus you are supporting a OSO advertiser.
Thanks Zanie.....I have dozens of the Simreks in stock and will gladly drop the price an additional 5% for any OSO member. No group buy required! So, that would be 19% off list.

Last edited by Too Old; 10-24-2007 at 11:10 AM.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TRICK
Thanks Zanie.....I have dozens of the Simreks in stock and will gladly drop the price an additional 5% for any OSO member. No group buy required! So, that would be 19% off list.
Fred can you pm me with a quote?
I need showers for bravo 1 with Imco Hydraulic steering. Pistons in center. Want to buy Simrek.
Jamie
Attached Thumbnails Best Drive Showers??-compressed-2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Best Drive Showers??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.