Revolution  marine exhaust ? >

Revolution marine exhaust ?

Notices

Revolution marine exhaust ?

Old 02-24-2005, 06:04 AM
Registered

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Re: Revolution marine exhaust ?

My understanding is that they are old Eddie Marine castings. So if you are merely looking for a stock replacement they are a great deal.

If you are looking for a performance upgrade I guess I would ask yourself why Eddie Marine came up with a "newer" casting.

Doug
Old 02-24-2005, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Judging from the general feedback here and from what I've seen in other posts and on other boards, People sure seem to be pleased with the Revolution Marine Exhaust systems. I have several freinds with them installed also and they really like them. All have seen 2-4 mph gains, plus they're the best priced units they could find.

Doug (Boatally Insane),
Do you have any idea what your talking about???? Just wondering were you got this info.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The couple of people I know of that replaced stock exhaust with Revolution Marine with no other changes, saw no difference in performance. For what it's worth......
Old 02-24-2005, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by grand-illusion
Doug (Boatally Insane),
Do you have any idea what your talking about???? Just wondering were you got this info.
From a few of the other performance parts dealers...
That's why I stated "It's my understanding" I could be wrong or they could just be telling me that to sell THEIR products.

Doug

Last edited by Boatally Insane; 02-24-2005 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doug,
That's what I thought, but didn't want to say. Thanks.

Searay Jim,
In most cases the people I'm talking about used the RM manifolds in conjunction with other modifications to help the engine breath better...bone stock applications I wouldn't expect to see much performance gain either.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:24 PM
Registered

Well,,they have "tubes" for each cyl for about 8-10 inches,,sorta shorty headers which should perform WAY better than almost no tube going into a common chamber like the stock stuff. Gotta believe better HP and torque and I know they are lighter
Old 02-24-2005, 10:45 PM
Emerald Coast of Florida
Gold Member

You get what you pay for.... I've yet to see or hear any engine builder put them on thier motors.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:12 AM
Registered

We at Revolution Marine are proud to be the preferred exhaust supplier to Derebery Performance Marine on Lake Texoma just north of Dallas. Leon Derebery is the owner, engine builder, and driver of "Beyond Reason" the Skater that ran 162 and took third place behind Callan Marine and Bacardi Silver at the last two Bud Shootouts at Lake of the Ozarks. Check out their website at www.dereberyperformancemarine.com. There are a few videos of the LOTO run on the site that will get your heart pumping even if you could care less about exhaust!

Attached are a couple of pics of a 496 EFI (New 8.1 liter) built by Derebery Performance Marine and displayed at the Dallas Boat show. The engine features our Revolution Marine performance exhaust, a Arizona Speed & Marine intake, and a few more goodies inside. The motor originally made 385 hp and is still NATURALLY ASPIRATED and now makes 640 ft. lbs. at 4000 rpm and 625 hp at 5400 rpm.

Getting those kinds of numbers out of a naturally aspirated 496, I'd say he got what he paid for and then some!

DPM is an authorized dealer for RM products and we are proud to recommend them as a source for anyone looking to buy our products, or engines outfitted with our products.

Regarding comparisons to other performance exhaust, we do our own dyno comparisons against stock exhaust, but we would be happy to supply product and resources for an independent head to head comparison on engines ranging from a stock 7.4 on up to 750-800 hp.

Todd Wondrow
Revolution Marine Inc.
Attached Thumbnails Revolution  marine exhaust ?-mvc-008f.jpg   Revolution  marine exhaust ?-mvc-009f.jpg  
Old 02-25-2005, 09:52 PM
Registered

They are very helpful and proffessional. I know my increased speed on my first set of 454 mags was not from the switch to Dart single plane,,it probably hurt me some but I still picked up a few MPH. Many times what you pay for are ads and overhead but that's hard to accept after you've shelled out $ for a well known brand. Gils and the like will have a better finish but I doubt any performance edge. To go the next step you'd need full tube headers. I love my RMs and will be buying 850 gals of gas with the difference
Old 02-26-2005, 06:12 PM
Registered

I would love to see a neutral party perform a head to head comparison on exhaust manifolds. I don't know that I would necessarily consider Powerboat Magazine as being neutral either.

Always seem to get a lot of mixed reports on exhaust manifolds and results achieved. Ranging from adding X MPH to spend a lot of $'s and showed no gains.

Quick Reply: Revolution marine exhaust ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.