Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dyno vs Actual Exhaust

Hey -

What about my situation?????
Old 04-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Registered

I'm sorry thats the way it's coming to the table. I spoke to you personally when you had the concerns about the tailpipes. Our discussion was peaceful and what I thought to be productive. After speaking with your builder we agreed to mach up one set and we were going to fabricate a set of tails to fit the boat. We agreed to exhange the tails and process the new ones as custom "S" pipe double wall jacketed pipes. We were going to charge you $300.00 more per engine. That would have put you at $1091.00 our retail price for the tails per engine. The order was placed as standard Bravo tails, which don't line up with your exhaust ports. The engines weren't even in the boat when the order was placed. An assumption was made on the tailpipe configuration. After my discussions with you and your builder I thought we had the situation handled with the new fabricated pipes. The next thing I know someone's secretary is calling me wanting to send them back. I personally tried to contact you to see why the scenario had changed. After several attemps I had no way of making contact with you or the builder. The systems came back and credit was issued to Trick. I would have been more than happy to do exactly what we spoke about and make you the dry tails to the dimensions that the boat required. Making enemies is in no ones best interest. We're not perfect, but I know how to address problems, and fix them properly. We had a problem, we addressed it, but unfortunatelty I wasn't given the opportunity to fix it.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:01 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Thiefs . . .
Old 04-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Registered

What kind of mufflers are you going to use? Choose Gibson's. Buy them from Fred, I'll work with Fred and he'll work with you. We'll make the deal right to pad your shipping issue.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:03 PM
Registered

just to comment on your comment about exhaust scavenging, you wont really see a differance at the lower rpm ranges that these boats run in most of the time
Old 04-08-2005, 08:21 AM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP
Thiefs . . .
Thiefs as in thread poachers or something else?
Anyway....
How's the bottom of your hull? Any hook or deviations that could hinder performance?
What is your propshaft distance from the keel?
Old 04-08-2005, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dana marine products
What kind of mufflers are you going to use? Choose Gibson's. Buy them from Fred, I'll work with Fred and he'll work with you. We'll make the deal right to pad your shipping issue.
Ok, Ill work with Fred and take a look into the Gibsons.

Listen, I dont want to get into a pissing match at all with you or Las or anyone else for that matter. I was the middle man between your product and the builder and got stuck with the bill. I didnt understand all that you just mentioned, My understanding was that the exhaust just wouldnt work and that it was not a dry set up. I am sorry if I pissed you off. I just hate wasting money on something that was un neccesary
Old 04-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Registered

We're not upset. Communication is key, if we all stay on the same page, we'll get positive results. Problems happen, it's all about how they get fixed. Please do look at the Gibson line. You can view the entire line at www.danamarineproducts.com. I'm pretty sure Fred has some in stock, if not we'll do drop ships for him. We'll work it out and move forward. Your satisfaction is key in this situation.

Pantera - I think your problem is your prop. Some boats need more prop attention than others. If the 27 gets you close, you may need to modify it to dial it in. A motor performing on the dyno is good, but it doesn't mean a whole lot in the boat if the prop and X dimension aren't correct.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:36 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Fred -

I mean't thread thiefs or thieves...you know me better than that!!!
Old 04-08-2005, 07:21 PM
Registered

Wink Re: Dyno vs Actual Exhaust

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP
No Mufflers.

The same fuel pump, filter, ignition, everything as on the dyno except the exhaust.

The cam is about the same or a little more than a stock 454 Mag.

Regardless, it perfromed on the dyno, yet not in the boat....

I need to figure this out as this is going on 3 seasons of running the motor and I still don't think its all there...
Kirk,

Regarding performance on the dyno, Angel said the same thing regarding your sexual prowess!

Quick Reply: Dyno vs Actual Exhaust

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.