Old 04-29-2005, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default UIM Racing Rule 104

Copied from the APBA/SBI Website:

UIM Racing Rule 104

April 24, 2005

Racing Notice,

SBIP/APBA Offshore, the United States recognized sanctioning body has been working closely with the UIM to become more compliant with the UIM guidelines for Offshore Powerboat Racing.

UIM racing rule 104 All races not organized according to U.I.M. rules are not to be recognized and all officials and drivers who take any part in such races are suspended or excluded if offence recurs. The same applies to motor boating events not approved by National Authorities.

Any driver having competed in a race not approved by the National Authority of that country or forbidden by the National Authority may be suspended for a period to be fixed by the National Authority. In the case of an International meeting being organized by a nonaffiliated club which has not asked permission to organize such a meeting the National Authority must:

Notify the organizing club that the drivers can be suspended.
Notify the drivers that they will be suspended in their own country if they take part in International races not approved by the National Authority; the latter may request the U.I.M. to extend this suspension to other countries.
A national race, or a race by “invitation” in which a foreign driver is “invited” to take part must be entered in the U.I.M. Calendar otherwise it becomes an unauthorized event. Invited drivers entering such unauthorized races, may lose their International licenses.

Remember that drivers having International license, are only allowed to enter a meeting outside their country provided their National Authority gives them permission to do so. In this case the National Authority is SBIP/APBA Offshore. All members of SBIP/APBA Offshore are automatically members of UIM and therefore must comply to their rules as set forth.

SBIP/APBA will be enforcing this rule as we will be enforcing all rules fairly and equitably to all competitors. Based on the request of the racers, teams, promoters and sponsors, SBIP/APBA will allow a grace period through October 31st 2005 for everyone to have time to fulfill any obligations previously made. Effective November 1st 2005 the rule will be in enforced and All races not organized according to U.I.M. rules are not to be recognized and all officials and drivers who take any part in such races are suspended or excluded if offence recurs as stated above.

We have had numerous discussions with the UIM office, APBA office and the RYA office regarding this rule and have all agreed that this has been a long standing rule that should be enforced worldwide. Most of the UIM participating Nations are already in compliance with this rule and the balance of the UIM Nations should follow suit including the United States.

The SBIP/APBA penalties for the 1st offence after November the 1st 2005 will be a 90 day Race Season suspension from competition. Any re-occurring violation will be a 1-year suspension from Race Season Competition.

All other requirements of the UIM International Licensing procedures still apply for the current season. If further clarification is required please contact the SBIP / APBA office in Key West, Fl.

Sincerely,

Kevin Brown

Chief Referee

Sounds like if you want to race APBA/SBI you won't be able to race with other organization after Oct. 31, 2005. Does anyone
get a different meaning out of this?
Old 04-29-2005, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: UIM Racing Rule 104

Ray,
Thanks for the "Due Dillagence"
If I understand this correctly; after Oct 2005, one can not race any other race organization other then APBA/SBI or they will be suspended.
For example; if one races with OPA, Great Lakes or OSS, they will not be allowed to participate in any APBA/SBI races.
It sounds like APBA/SBI is attempting to get the local sanctioning groups to all become part of an APBA/SBI "divisional series"??

Last edited by Fast Shafts; 04-29-2005 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It will be interesting to see how people react to this. Positive or negative.

Last edited by BlakeandBrock; 04-29-2005 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:04 PM
Registered

Considering the limited numbers of offshore race teams in the United States, I would be very surprised to see this rule enforced. Start "suspending" teams from participation in an already limited pool of available talent would be financial suicide.

My $.02
Old 04-29-2005, 03:16 PM
glenn murray
Platinum Member

What has UIM done for you lately ?? did I miss something!! they haven't recognized any of us in years all of a sudden They care give me a break.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bob,

That's exactly what I got out of the notice. So if you race OPA because of time and expense considerations you can't run APBA/SBI. GLSCS is mothballed for 2005. I think that APBA/SBI really needs to embrace divisional racing. I'm sure they consider bringing in POPRA as a step but that does nothing for a lot of us. There is one divisional race on the schedule this year that is doable for the racers in the east/northeast and that is Elizabeth City, NC. Oh, that's scheduled for the same day as Cambridge! I know the rule won't be enforced until October, 2005, but what will happen next year? Will OPA join APBA/SBI. They didn't this year. So if UIM rule 104 is enforced what will the OPA racers do, just race OPA? Give in and pay the fees and pass the costs on to the racers? If OPA stays independent the APBA/SBI boat count drops somewhat. I honestly don't think that the so called "unification" has done or will do anything to draw people into racing, keep expenses down, or provide convenient race sites. Unless of course you live in or near Florida.

Last edited by raynman; 04-29-2005 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:27 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,736 Likes on 3,794 Posts

hell why not just do it now!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2005, 05:05 PM
Registered

Why is UIM now as some people see it the god's of United States offshore racings now. Let the talented Drivers and Throttle men race were they want, they have earn it !
Old 04-29-2005, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its about committment with a capital "C"............... hahaha!!
Old 04-29-2005, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I think its about capital allright $$$$$

Quick Reply: UIM Racing Rule 104

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.