Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Racing Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion-194/)
-   -   Favorite class (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion/104330-favorite-class.html)

TGOR 05-31-2005 07:33 PM

Re: Favorite class

Okay, I may be a P-class racer, but I love to watch the Superboat Stocks! Great looking boats and usually a lot of action.

Still hoping F1 will make a come back...besides the P-classes...the spectators really seem to relate to the F-classes and that's where we'd like to be someday (hopefully in a factory sponsored boat).

Sean

Joe Todesca 06-01-2005 07:34 AM

Factory

RLW 06-02-2005 02:59 AM

Survey says......................FACTORY!
Poll results show the "Light" classes have the lightest fan base.
Hmmmmm?

mwdill 06-02-2005 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by RLW
Survey says......................FACTORY!
Poll results show the "Light" classes have the lightest fan base.
Hmmmmm?

and to think it was not even on the survey :rolleyes:
why?

Pete B 06-02-2005 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by mwdill
and to think it was not even on the survey :rolleyes:
why?

When i started this poll i asked, for favorites with perfect parameters, if ask which is your favorite class given today state of the classes what would it be?? If Factory racing is still your favorite with 2 or 3 boats, great but in its current state it is not growing, hasnt grown in 4 years.

two-air 06-02-2005 08:43 AM

Factory 1 and 2 all the way!

Those are the guys that hang it on the line. When ever I see the Freeze Frame Video booth at the races I always try to buy some of the late 90s races. Amazing! nothing now even comes close.

I do not understand what happened??

two-air 06-02-2005 08:53 AM

Factory racing was the major determining factor on both of my performance boat purchasing selections. If a manafacture does not have a boat competing then they are just slow!

Factory Racing Sells Boats PERIOD!

mwdill 06-04-2005 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by two-air
Factory racing was the major determining factor on both of my performance boat purchasing selections. If a manafacture does not have a boat competing then they are just slow!

Factory Racing Sells Boats PERIOD!

agree! :D:

Pete B 06-05-2005 05:26 PM

No, not biased, I would certainly enjoy seeing more than one or 2 boats in a class, F-1 certainly has a good chance to comeback, however IMO F-2 will not SV is very simular withthe safety of a canopy, as for cost SV certainly isnt entry level, but neither is F-2. MD has a very valid point reguarding F-1.

gdfatha 06-05-2005 08:53 PM

Right on.. St Pete 2003..

To me that course was the most exciting and fan/photo friendly of all venues I have attended,except for Rooster tail turn at Detroit for the Unlimited Hydros I used to follow around.,

In 2004 the St Pete course was so far out I got nothing but crappy shots even with a 800mm tele.