Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Racing Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion-194/)
-   -   Favorite class (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion/104330-favorite-class.html)

Pete B 05-29-2005 10:49 AM

Favorite class

If all aspects are perfect, view , field of boats and venue which is your favorite to watch??

1waterboy1 05-29-2005 10:58 AM

Re: Favorite class

What about Factory 1....hopefully in time it will grow to 20 or more boats like it used to be.....that was some of the most competitive and exciting racing ever.

gdfatha 05-29-2005 11:08 AM

Any class, either run alone or intermixed with other classes as long as there is deck to deck racing or as close to it as possible.

And it doesn't matter what class is running if they are too far away for the fans to see/enjoy.... :evilb:

Just my .02 lira...

gmhdfan 05-29-2005 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by 1waterboy1
What about Factory 1....hopefully in time it will grow to 20 or more boats like it used to be.....that was some of the most competitive and exciting racing ever.

I agree. Hope Factory 2 makes a come back also. :cool:

Pete B 05-29-2005 12:21 PM

I think we have seen its course, what factories support it???
it is going the way A class and B class went, while in its heyday very exciting but without true factory support, what is the point, How many have we seen so far this year?? if you have 5 or 6 competitive boats it can be exciting racing but but it has seen its day in my opinion.

1waterboy1 05-29-2005 12:57 PM

Pete,
I respectfully disagree that five or six boats in a class makes for exciting racing for the racers or the fans.Without question, the level of competition in all classes would improve if thier was only one national sanctioning body...or at least a working relationship among the various groups.

gmhdfan 05-29-2005 01:09 PM

Pete,
I respectfully disagree that five or six boats in a class makes for exciting racing for the racers or the fans.Without question, the level of competition in all classes would improve if thier was only one national sanctioning body...or at least a working relationship among the various groups.

I have to agree to this also.

Pete, I think thier is more to the story than "no factory support". :rolleyes:

Pete B 05-29-2005 03:01 PM

20 boats would certainly be great, but it hasnt happened in years and wont, its not going to happen, wether there is one sactioning body or 2, Factory racing has seen its better day. :(

Cash Bar 05-29-2005 07:01 PM

I'm partial of course, but I love the Stock(Outboard) Class boats.

Great guys, on and off the course, and they run hard no matter what the water. Usually less than 10mph lap-average from the top classes with less than half the HP and much smaller(and flightier) boats.

I think the biggest BALLZ run in the smallest boats.

Qball 05-29-2005 08:06 PM

Factory 1