TV coverage getting worse

Notices

TV coverage getting worse

Old 07-23-2005, 05:21 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TV coverage getting worse

I saw the Pickwick (?) Tenn. OSS coverage just now..

1) 97.45 of the time it displayed only one boat at a time. (YAWN)

2) The sponsor(s) decals on the boat were un readible

3) As presented, I cannot, in my wildest imagination think that this inferior type/quality of cover could attract any newbie/potential fan.

4) Or even attract new sponsors.

5) Showing boats racing without sound is ludicrous. Imagine watching a TV show of NASCAR, IRL, Champ Boat, F1 (land/sea) without sound..

Videos captures are of Lisa M getting sandwiched and TV art shot I guess..

Well, having said that, I'll watch the two tropical depressions play games with our minds..

I have ordained that there will be NO rain during Deerfield Nationals or Key West Worlds..So see ya there..

Don Marco
Attached Thumbnails TV coverage getting worse-tenn-1.jpg   TV coverage getting worse-tenn-2.jpg   TV coverage getting worse-tenn-4.jpg  

Last edited by gdfatha; 07-23-2005 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Registered

Default Re: TV coverage getting worse

offshore boat racing needs rough water ( ocean ) to be exciting for the fans and tv.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:14 PM
Registered

I have to say that was the worst TV coverage I have seen in a long time!!
Definetly rough water makes it better but .............
Old 07-23-2005, 07:23 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by speed buff
offshore boat racing needs rough water ( ocean ) to be exciting for the fans and tv.
====================
Oh my friend you are so WRONG...... Competition and quantity is what Offshore needs to feed the ever so entertainment hungry fans.

Here is the scenario:

1) Listening to and reading posts displays that the crews want longer race courses. This means that the time span before there is someting in front of the fan other than a Beer or hot dog allows for about 4-9 minutes to cheer and take a photo.

Have you noticed that the fewer the boats, the more obese the general fan in attendance is??

I have been a fan of every class of boating since the early 60s.. (damn that ages me) and the main thrust is COMPETITION AND beleive it or not NOISE.

Hell the increasing/rolling thunder of the start of the Offshore races or any turbine/inboard is almost orgasmic.

Some driver recently complained about short courses causing sharp turns. Hell, if that is the general attitude go and run 8 mile one way drag races. I thought that racing included, competition, speed and skill (I'm not forgetting costs). But before you do, go buy the fans a 1000mm lens and binocular) along with a book on the South Beach Diet...

Super fan

Don Marco..
Old 07-23-2005, 07:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KLAATU
Marc , I want to add to that, but can't .

They don't care what we see , It's what they see !

Not just OSS , it's all of them ! The fight is so BIG to them they see nothing else .

I have been in this fight along with you for a while now .

Funny , but we're the bad guy's for our opinion's as fan's .

Offshore racing is dying at the hand's of it's master's !

( Bruce & Smitty leave your'e violence at the door step , You have no place with me . )
No violence .....your an IDIOT!!!!
Old 07-23-2005, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

im not a racer just a fan and cig owner, that race was boring as h3ll to watch you counldn't see jack, the anouncers were so impressed with themselves the ran thier mouths the entire time there is only a few bits here and there where you can actually hear the boats engines. peir 57 getting sandwiched was the high light of the race. one boat in the frame at a time is boring...
Old 07-23-2005, 09:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gdfatha
I saw the Pickwick (?) Tenn. OSS coverage just now..

1) 97.45 of the time it displayed only one boat at a time. (YAWN)

2) The sponsor(s) decals on the boat were un readible

3) As presented, I cannot, in my wildest imagination think that this inferior type/quality of cover could attract any newbie/potential fan.

4) Or even attract new sponsors.

5) Showing boats racing without sound is ludicrous. Imagine watching a TV show of NASCAR, IRL, Champ Boat, F1 (land/sea) without sound..

Videos captures are of Lisa M getting sandwiched and TV art shot I guess..

Well, having said that, I'll watch the two tropical depressions play games with our minds..

I have ordained that there will be NO rain during Deerfield Nationals or Key West Worlds..So see ya there..

Don Marco

I completely agree with you. As an Offshore race fan since 1994, I have seen the sanctioning bodies come and go.
Just when it seems to finally come together...........there they go again.......!!!!
They rotate about every 2 to 3 years!.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:47 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Fevah..

I remember..Unlimited hydros, F1.s my only complaint for the US races was too many interviews little racing.

The producing of the UIM F1s and Class 1 around the world were very well done.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I have not seen it but heard it was bad. I agree with Fever that the best was with APBA in 2002 at its peek on Speed Channel. Lots of boats in F1 and F2 made for some great coverage and just plain fun to watch.
MD
Old 07-24-2005, 09:08 AM
Registered

Fever Mike,

I also have to agree....the TV in 2000-2003 was not only great deck to deck racing with 3 and 4 boats and in some big sea's...I have all the tapes of the F1 guys..and there was deck to deck racing even in 9th and 10th place...its what helped us were we are today with our sponsors...and I still show those tapes when pitching new sponsors...just so they can see the excitement first hand...Martin an Dick did a great job....

Quick Reply: TV coverage getting worse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.