Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Key West Update from one of our Sponsors. >

Key West Update from one of our Sponsors.

Notices

Key West Update from one of our Sponsors.

Old 10-27-2005, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key West Update from one of our Sponsors.

We are fine - sort of shell shocked. The island really did not receive structural damage, but, the landscaping sure took a beating.

We've got power, water, internet, fuel, etc... All of the restaurants and attractions around town are open, just looking a bit worse for the wear.

Key West Airport will reopen tomorrow (Friday). Fortunately, US #1 is fine for travel and the ferry terminals were not damaged.

We never closed. Our hotel was open, running almost 100% occupancy throughout the storm. We have generators and were abe to maintain service. The swimming pool had to be "shocked," but the chemicals should all be readjusted in 48 hours.

Fantasy Fest has been rescheduled to December 7, 8, 9 & 10 - more info on www.fantasyfest.net

From inside the hotel you'd never know anything was out of the ordinary, however, many of us were not so lucky at home. Most of our staff lost at least one vehicle and many of us had our homes flooded. Fortunately, flood waters came in then quickly receded, but, there's still lots of mopping up to be done.

Another HUGE plus is the beautiful weather we are having now. The temperature dropped, there's nice breeze and the sun is shining on my wet rug in the yard.

So - all in all we're feeling slightly beat up but pretty darn lucky ! Our staff should be back to regular schedules, normal shuttle service, etc.. by Monday.

Thank you for all your good thoughts. We'll be in touch soon !
Old 10-27-2005, 04:10 PM
Registered

Default Re: Key West Update from one of our Sponsors.

We are glad to hear that you are doing fine considering the circumstances. The offshore community is very excited and thankful that KW has weathered the storm there have been numerous threads on the internet about giving back to KW since your community has so graciously given to our sport over the many years. I hope and pray that there will be large numbers of fans and racers in attendance to pour money back into the city. If there is anything that our team can send you please don't hesitate to call we would love to help!
Old 10-27-2005, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for sharing that with us Bryan! I know it is going to feel real good to give back to Key West, a place that is so very special, to so very many of us.

Looking forward, to a beautiful week in Paradise!

Julie
Old 10-27-2005, 04:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thanks Bry. See you in two weeks!
Old 10-27-2005, 07:06 PM
Registered

Thanks for the update, all is well
Old 10-27-2005, 07:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thumbs up Re: Key West Update from one of our Sponsors.

On our way home today ,I watched for damage from Key Largo on down through Islamorada, and I felt optimistic...........then I got to Marathon and MY street and it's not a pretty sight.
Picture the Atlantic Ocean meeting up with the Gulf of Mexico.......at the airport in Marathon and it was approx. 3-5ft. deep. That's what happened, and the remains are now lining our streets along with everyone's downstairs level belongings and most of our trees.
BUT THE SUNSET WAS GREAT.....THE AIR IS COOL...I HAVE CABLE AND AC (no phones) ...AND THE SMELL IS GOING AWAY....................SEE YA'LL IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS AND WE'LL PARTY HARD.
Pat.........
Old 10-28-2005, 07:49 AM
Registered

Pat,

Happy to see u made it home safe !!!
It will take alittle time to get things in order,but the most important thing is that you are all safe .
Old 10-28-2005, 08:49 AM
Registered

I heard from Lee Austin today and most of Fort Lauderdale is still without power. He said everyone made it through the storm but there is a lot of tree's without branches and there is a lot of roof damage. There will be a lot of clean up!
Old 10-28-2005, 09:12 AM
Registered

I just spoke to Crabby Bills, the site of the OSO party. He said they were very lucky just ankle height water and some persistant sand that they are trying to get rid of but they opened for business yesterday and will be looking forward to us being there. I guess one of the big problems is the cars he lost his and tons of other people did as well. Pat does most insurance cover flooded cars?
Old 10-28-2005, 10:45 AM
Registered

Bryan,

Thank you for posting about Lee! I am so gald to hear that he and Patty are OK! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Julie

Quick Reply: Key West Update from one of our Sponsors.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.