Some Racers Have Spoken!!!

Notices

Some Racers Have Spoken!!!

Old 12-01-2005, 04:38 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Post Some Racers Have Spoken!!!

This message is to hopefully cut down on the numerous Emails and PMs that I have been receiving this week regarding why I have not been posting in the Racer's Section and deleted the threads I had started over the last entire year.

Plain and simple, a few Racers (not OSO advertisers) have contacted the OSOAdmin and asked to have me stop posting in their section. I think I touched a nerve when I asked how the Super Vee Unlimited boat that was awarded the World Championship Title actually was qualified to run. Once people realized it didn't meet certain qualifications to run, some people decided to have me silenced in the Racers Section.

Being as I am not an " Active Racer" I am not supposed to be posting in this section... I have been reminded and I will follow the rules of the board.

It's funny though, I have been posting information, promoting races, sites, building and publishing photos for the racing community here since this section was created, but not until now a few decided to have me removed.

This comes as a surprise, as I had spent two to three days of my vacation just building photo albums and publishing links all on one page to help the racers, the fans and the sponsors find as many pictures of the Worlds as possible.
I never asked for anything in return...and that was the appreciation I got from a few....

I personally apollogize to those of you who posted on my threads that I had deleted. I know it caught many of you by surprise to log on in the morning to see them gone.

So without having to keep explaining one by one to each of you, I felt this was a better way to let you all know the circumstances.

I want to make this point extremely clear again.

This had nothing to do with an advertiser of OSO or the OSOAdmin. There was a simple request to keep my posts to the other sections of the board because of complaints of a few racers.

OSOAdmin did not ask for anything to be removed or censored.

I took it upon myself to remove my threads.

Basically I figured if I had to leave the racer's sandbox, then I was taking the sand that I brought with me....

It's been fun!

I wish all of you a great safe 2006 season!

C'ya!

Shark

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 12-01-2005 at 04:41 PM.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:25 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Some Racers Have Spoken!!!

I'm sorry to hear all of that Sharkey, I for one always enjoyed your effort, few people are as knowledgeable as you and Waterboy on Racing History so I think you have a right to post and have a valid points on all issues.

Eddie
Old 12-01-2005, 05:28 PM
Registered

Tim Well I think that sucks! Although you may not be an equipment owner you are a former racer and have selflessly worked to promote the sport on your web site and through these forms. I have enjoyed your post and hope you will continue posting. Don't let a few poor sports spoil what you have worked so hard for
Thanks, Michael Walters
Old 12-01-2005, 05:33 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Sharkey
I as well appreciate all of your efforts to promote OFFSHORE RACING. It's a sad state of affairs the way somethings are currently run so lets just hope for the best in 2006.....the ball is rolling.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sharkey, stay where you are. You've done nothing wrong and I THANK YOU, PLUS your a part of Team Nesquik which gives you the right to be in The Racers Section.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

Shark its to bad the minority can Hurt the majority thanks for all you have did for so long for all the racers!!! Tom Reliable Carriers
Old 12-01-2005, 07:04 PM
Racer
Racer

Hang in there sharkey, a lot more people then you realize appreciate what you do for the sport.

thanx ,
Louietherigger
Old 12-01-2005, 07:07 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't feel alone there buddy, you know my story-well, at least what I know about it. I'm thinking maybe you and me throw some numbers on one of our boats, take a start in a race, and then thump away at our leisure
Old 12-01-2005, 07:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats To Bad Tim there Are Always a Few Crybabys Where Ever You Go. Hang In There JD
Old 12-01-2005, 08:20 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Tim,
I've been pounded on by the poor sports who don't want to hear the truth. I think there are those who try to improve the sport (you) and those who want it to exist within it's current state (the usual supects).
I also appreciate your efforts.

Quick Reply: Some Racers Have Spoken!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.