I hope the powers to be can take another look at this

Notices

I hope the powers to be can take another look at this

Old 02-26-2006, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I hope the powers to be can take another look at this

Originally Posted by Pete B
After unsucessfully coming to terms with SBI, the members of OSS (all the racers) voted, Destin ended being their choice. It's done.
What were the issues that were insurmountable???? I really am interested to know what the deal breakers were. I am being serious Pete.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:31 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,737 Likes on 3,794 Posts

Dont Know, and in the end doesnt really matter but to a few. The good folks at the Conch republic will still get thier money due to the Poker run crowd that would go there regaurdless of a race.

we will not get the whole story, as both versions will have bias.
in the end its done and it isnt going to change until the contract runs out!!!
Old 02-26-2006, 11:43 AM
Registered

It is absolutely frustrating that we cant even know what the deal breaking issues are..... this just leads most of us to believe that the real reasons are personal and not substantive. How could the reason be so secret if all of the teams voted????
Old 02-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ron,

I have to disagree.....if you don't see racing on different weekends is better then the same...let me give you some reasons....

1. If 5+ more boats is not a good reason enough....then we will never agree.....even if not one more fan shows like you say....thats 10 drivers/throttleman.....average 3 crew per team...30 more team members and there family and freinds...we alone had over 150 Coast Guard personal coming to the race in Destin in April....so I'm sure we would have at least that many coming for the Worlds....so what maybe 300-450 people....now add hotel rooms, food, drinks and other items....you don't think the city of Destin wants that.....were not stupid here....it plan and simple.....
Now add in the SBI/APBA teams have to pay 2006 OSS equipment fees (aronud $2,300) plus crew fee's ( 3 menbers = $300) plus have to quilfy 2 OSS races ( around $1,600 a race x 2 races x 5 race teams = $16,000 ) plus new entry fee's for 2007 ( $2,300 x 5 teams = 11,500) plus new crew member fee's $100 x 3 menber per team x 5 = $1,500....
LET'S SEE THAT'S CLOSE TO OSS MAKING AN ADDITIONAL $45,000.....PLUS THE MOST IMPORTENT THING OF ALL....
THESE TEAMS WHAT TO RACE EVERYONE SO THEY CAN SAY THEY ARE THE BEST AND WORLD CHAMPIONS.....AND HOW ABOUT THE LITTLE THING IN THE SPORTS WORLD CALLED COMPITITION.....LETS NOT FORGET WHAT RACING IS ALL ABOUT.....
Now what I have list above is if no other fans show up but who the 5 teams bring with them.....
All I see is positive for the city of Destin, OSS, the fans (if we can not race as one), sponsors and most importantly the SPORT.....
I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ here...but tell me the positives on this forum of what the benifits are for having them the same weekend.....compared to what I have post if no other fans show but the teams and there company.....

PeteB....I agree with you, SBI/APBA are going to have there Worlds in Key West and OSS has there contract for 5 year in Destin.....that we know....so why not have the racers have a shoot at both Worlds....We keep hearing some racers comment "were the real racers are"....you raced before...what do you call the racers who want to race everyone in both organizations...but get stuck into politics....and can't....

Last edited by MANITIE; 02-26-2006 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Registered

Ron...we do agree on something....we all want to race together.....but we all can agree thats not going to happen anytime soon....thats fact....so the answers is...instead of making the sport work with 2 Organizations and let the racers have a chance to make it work racing both sides...the answer is screw the fans, the sponsors, racers....potential racers and race sites...so we can show the other Organization they make a big mistake by not doing it there way....
Show any sponsor, city manager, fans and any possable new race teams that's what you are trying to acheive for racing on the same weekends.....and they will walk away form you....

I didn't want to say thats what it looks like people are trying to do by racing on same weekends...but I'm glad you clarified it for all of us.....
THAT IS JUST STUPID.......To put blame on SBI/APBA for screwing the sport for what he's doing with the worlds...that's your opion....but to have the racers decide were to race on same weekend racing to delute the boat count so the other Organization fail's to prove a point.....NO THATS NOT HURTING THE SPORT ONE BIT.....IF SOMEONE TOLD ME THERE WERE OUT TO DESTROY MY ORGANIZATION....YOU THINK I WOULD EVEN TALK TO THEM.....
NICE PLAN TO FURTHER THE SPORT AND SHOW ITS CREDIBILITY TO POTENTAL SPONSORS AND CITYS.....

THIS IS A DEVOICE WHERE THE HUSBAND AND WIFE CAN'T GET ALONG AND THE KIDS GET SCREWED.....AND IN THIS CASE THE KIDS ARE THE RACERS, SPONSORS, THE CITYS AND THE FANS......

THAT'S JUST STUPID......

Last edited by MANITIE; 02-26-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Registered

Lets face it SBI has 12 scheduled races including the Worlds OSS has 9 scheduled races including there Worlds And guess what OSS has put 6 of there 9 races on the same dates as SBI nice way of making teams choose
Old 02-26-2006, 01:23 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,737 Likes on 3,794 Posts

OSS is a organazation run by racers and voted on by THE RACERS,
if JC did not have KW in his Pocket and said the worlds were going to be in BFE, what would those loyal to him do?? The OSS organazation is run by racers voted into ther position by the racer's in their class. they are loyal to one another.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mark Mathews
insert chearleader gif here.........
Ask and you shall recieve......
Attached Thumbnails I hope the powers to be can take another look at this-cheerleader.jpg  
Old 02-26-2006, 02:16 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
ONE person made the made the final decision. For the better of the sport??
Ryan, where would you like to race April 2nd?
Old 02-26-2006, 02:22 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I wish I could say the boat would be done to support the St Cloud event and our sponsors but, I'll probably be rigging on April second.

Last edited by Ryan Beckley; 02-26-2006 at 02:27 PM.

Quick Reply: I hope the powers to be can take another look at this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.