Old 02-26-2006, 02:29 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I hope the powers to be can take another look at this

Originally Posted by kitten
...and no I don't suscribe to EB, they have a hard time
with renewing / change of address.
Yup, all just my opinions. Time will tell.

This horse is dead, enjoy beating it some more.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Registered

I wish someone would just tell me the benifit to the sport racing the worlds on the same weekend...and to me this is not beating a dead horse.....last year we were told the reason the Worlds were going to be on the same dates is because OSS already schedule those dates because they thought they would be racing in Key West...so they didn't want to change them....doing it to get OPA to race there Worlds so SBI would only get 30 boats to show up at Key West to show John.....is something new....

I can accept 2 race Organization....thats fine....and it seems they are happy with there visions....when I started racing in 2000 there was SBI and ABBA, some teams raced both curcuits and some just one Organization....and they both had there Worlds on different weekends.....and some raced both Worlds......everything is fine....

There was a bunch of posts last year with saying...."wait till SBI/APBA dose not meet there contract agreement with the 70 boats and then will see if SBI gets the contract again for 2006.....well...I don't even know what the boat count was in Key West in 2005....but in any case...there back....OK...So now we are back till were we where in Feb of 2005....wait till Nov. without the OPA boats and will see what happends in 2007 negotiations......Dose anybody see what's happening here....and I guess if for some reason things do work out next year....and both Organizations come to agreement.....and race in Key West....what...just throw out Destin's Worlds....

Both Organizations now have there Worlds location for the next 5 years.....there is no need to race on the same dates....none....we need to quite pissing off fans....and then we want to know why no one shows up to our races....
If both Organizations are so great and professional....you shouldn't have to race on the same dates and try to keep the boat count low for the other Organizations....Let the racers race.....don't punish the teams and fans to prove someone wrong......and let the numbers fall were they do.....Both Organizations will benifit from it.....

Last year I heard Ryan B. answer a fans question...and its the one that makes the most sence...the guy came up to Ryan in Ft. Laduerdale and said " who do you race for...SBI/APBA or OSS....and Ryan responded with....I'm just a racers and I'm hear to race".
The guy looked dased at his responds.....funny...someone that young who's been around racing for so long....make's a comment like that....and make's that much sence.....
All I'm asking along with plenty of others....is can you take another look at racing on another weekend for the Worlds.....it will benitfit all....

Last edited by MANITIE; 02-26-2006 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Thats a lot of noise coming from someone who had a boat and didn't even race in the worlds last year. Now you want to race in 2 sanctioning body's? If you were an OSS member and you are NOT,then you could have brought this up at the members meeting. It was all explained to the 46 registered teams and NO ONE had a problem with the decision. We trust our board of directors and when they explained that they have tried to negotiate a deal to run with SBI in KW and felt it was not in OSS's best interest to race together we accepted there decision. We as members of OSS don't even need the details or reason why. Again OSS teams trust our elected board members. GET IT!!!
MD
Old 02-26-2006, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gino,

I'm sure the CR will issue a press relaease with all the details VERY soon...
Everyone needs to let in lay and go one, OSS has their race and SBI/APBA has theirs and any team can race where ever is best for them and their sponsors.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Thats a lot of noise coming from someone who had a boat and didn't even race in the worlds last year. Now you want to race in 2 sanctioning body's? If you were an OSS member and you are NOT,then you could have brought this up at the members meeting. It was all explained to the 46 registered teams and NO ONE had a problem with the decision. We trust our board of directors and when they explained that they have tried to negotiate a deal to run with SBI in KW and felt it was not in OSS's best interest to race together we accepted there decision. We as members of OSS don't even need the details or reason why. Again OSS teams trust our elected board members. GET IT!!!
MD
Exactly Randy, you have stumbled into the truth again. "we accepted there (sic) decision. We as members of OSS don't even need the details or reason why." The reason why is egos and personal... You make a good lemming though!!!!!
Old 02-26-2006, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
We as members of OSS don't even need the details or reason why. Again OSS teams trust our elected board members. GET IT!!!
MD
Cherry or grape?
Attached Thumbnails I hope the powers to be can take another look at this-ec%2520kool%2520aid%2520man%2520-%2520full%2520size.jpg  
Old 02-26-2006, 06:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Phantom1
Cherry or grape?
An instant classic!!!!!
Old 02-26-2006, 07:36 PM
Registered

Randy....I don't mined answering your questions..

Yes, I had a boat and we tested in late Oct. and NOV. and found out we had problems.....we discuss this with the Coast Guard and they agree safety comes first and we decided on not racing....if that makes someone who can't speak on an issue....I will disagree wit you..

Yes, we have already sumitted to the C.G. that we will be racing both Organizations starting with the OSS Race....and told them we would also be attending OSS Nationals and Worlds if they did not fall on SBI's same dates....even thought thaey asked why would they do that...I did not tell the crap thats going on....

I have not paid my regerstation fee's to OSS yet because I heard there my not be a Destin race in Apr. recently but told Stan I would be there if it gose on....without the Destin race we will not be attending a OSS RACE till June or July...so why pay out close to $3,000 in Jan or Feb when I would not be using for 5 months....my say means nothing in a OSS vote...I have heard everyone of your votes everyone agree's with...so it would not matter...+ all I want to do is race....tell ne the tech rules and the dates and will make them...I'm not hear to vote on crap like should we race on the other Organizations dates...
So you see...If SBI/APBA and OSS can not come to a agreement thats fine....things happen I was just asking can you take another look at why you should concider another date...that's all.....but if there is 46 teams that all agree they should race on the same dates as SBI's Worlds then so be it.....then what I said about the fans and the other racers and others don't mean a thing.....its your way and that's final....

Thank you for answering my questions......see you guys in a few months and have a safe one in Pickwick.....

Last edited by MANITIE; 02-26-2006 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Last edited by Pat D; 02-26-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Registered

Jim,
Tell us how you really feel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: I hope the powers to be can take another look at this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.