Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
The Future of Offshore Racing!!! >

The Future of Offshore Racing!!!

Notices

The Future of Offshore Racing!!!

Old 12-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: The Future of Offshore Racing!!!

well gregg, some of us were attempted to be screwed by one person, in a competing organization. i think alot of people gt that from him and you noticed numbers declining over the years in kw. we will see.
i fully support mr.haggins venture, and i think all should do the same. he is the biggest supporter for this sport and if he achieves his goal, which i believe he will,he will be the savior of taking offshore to the next level.
who else has got a live tv broadcast since 1989? no one.
i could be wrong. but, this isnt my first rodeo either
mike
Old 12-26-2006, 03:56 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by louietherigger
Ouch Ebenezer just stole Chrismas. What you've said is well versed and educated,Problem I see is Mr. Haggin is not being helped enough. Not everyone who races has assets equal to his finacially, and there are only a few who truly try to help him. By help I mean Promotion, we have a small and select demographic so it is up to everyone of us to push and make people aware of our sport.That's what I'm talking about, bring them over even if it's one at a time. Build it and they will come.

Happy New Year,
Louie
===============
I think Budweiser has a tad more than Haggin. But...do they have the enthusiasm John has....HUH???
Old 12-26-2006, 03:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by racesdad
well gregg, some of us were attempted to be screwed by one person, in a competing organization. i think alot of people gt that from him and you noticed numbers declining over the years in kw. we will see.
i fully support mr.haggins venture, and i think all should do the same. he is the biggest supporter for this sport and if he achieves his goal, which i believe he will,he will be the savior of taking offshore to the next level.
who else has got a live tv broadcast since 1989? no one.
i could be wrong. but, this isnt my first rodeo either
mike
Hi Mike:

So drilling down into what you wrote, you are in Favor of unification, correct?.

(hows the Harley?)

Gregg Reichman
Old 12-26-2006, 04:10 PM
Registered

Of Course We Are. One Person Stands In The Way. I Think We Know Who That Is.
Yes , It Is The Answer. Fewer Classes , Cat And Vee. Now Dont Get Me Wrong, We Need The P Classes To Run Also. But In The Sense Of Busch Series Type Races. We All Started There, And Understood We Were The "small Boats" To The Cats And Supervee's
Old 12-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Registered

Less Classes, More Boats Per Class. You Want Big Sponsorship? That Is What It Will Take
Just My .02 Worth.
The Scooter Is Coming Along Just Fine. I Got A New Toy For Christmas.
A 74 450sl Mercedes In Perfect Condition. Detailing Her Nightly For The Summer :d
Old 12-27-2006, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I opt for a united Worlds run buy a paid outside group of officials in KW. Is that possible? Could the Conch possible see we need a outside group to run this to unite the organizations. Even if it was for the year 2008 and we have to flush this year again. I just dont see one organization telling the other how its going to be and thinking its all going to be peaches and cream. Or the other option is to start a new tradition for the Worlds in another town. Not good for KW but they have been told this year after year. My guess is as long as they have a race in KW and its called the Worlds they must not care how good the show is. As long as there is a show thats all that counts to sell rooms. Its a shame year after year.
Please Hagen you might be Offshores last shot at a joint race for the Worlds. KW would be everyones first choice but lets not dwell on it if its not going to happen. With your support we can race ANYWHERE for the Worlds and put on a show for that town to remember. The racers want a united race!!!!!
MD
Old 12-27-2006, 09:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by louietherigger
Ouch Ebenezer just stole Chrismas. What you've said is well versed and educated, the only problem I have is the constant comparison to nascar. Though it is extremly popular not everyone watches it. I myself would rather watch a home improvement show with my wife asking me if we could do that to our house, then to watch the cars going round and round. Please put the nooses away I'm not knocking it, I just like boat racing better. Problem I see is Mr. Haggin is not being helped enough. Not everyone who races has assets equal to his finacially, and there are only a few who truly try to help him. By help I mean Promotion, we have a small and select demographic so it is up to everyone of us to push and make people aware of our sport. I have a family of nascar junkies, 1/2 the Christmas gifts had to do with nascar. So I thought there was no better time to break out some race video's.(Ocean City, Destin,etc.) My little nephew (who sleeps in a nascar bed) was in awe watching the boats fly through the air! he is hooked. That's what I'm talking about, bring them over even if it's one at a time. Build it and they will come.

Happy New Year,
Louie
Hey louie, don't be sad about your x-mas gifts I got a nice 16x24 championship poster of ON THE CHIP for ya
Old 12-27-2006, 10:09 AM
Registered

Miklos makes a good observation for a Guy with a "mutt ugly hat". There is no justifiable approach to demanding that a competitor stop doing business in order for the opposing competitor to prosper, just does not work that way. Maybe a "buyout" , a Meger (not very likely), etc. but a demand won't work, ever.

As for a third party running Key West, there already is one, it is called the "Conch Republic Powerboat Raciing Association" or something like that.. it is a consortium of Key West Businessmen lead by Bill Spottswood. They love John C, period.

Baot count and like equipment makes the foundation for exciting racing. As pointed out by TX2 and confirmed by Miklos, the Promoter must be profitable as well but with boat count and carefully controlled costs this can happen.

Create an exciting fan friendly product and TV interest will follow, enter Mr. Haggin, a saleable product?, I guess we will see if it can get airtime. I have some experience with this, and Major Media wants to use thier camera equip, thier people, Thier "talent" and charge a big fee for showing up these days, not like the good old Speedvision days when we bartered for time, and they accepted our show in the can, from a 3rd party. ESPN 2 wanted (if memory serves) around $55K to air a 1/2 hour show in addition to on site "production costs" of I think around $35,000.

The foundation is a saleable product. Lets start there.

Gregg Reichman
Old 12-27-2006, 07:31 PM
Registered

Steve that's another way of looking at it. Unfortunately its not what most of the racers are willing to do! And we are back to Square one. All of the other organization are run as a non profit structure and even the racers pay to play at that. With so many people working so hard for free to promote the sport it just makes it so hard to see someone profit off all the hard working volunteers. It just doesn't seem to rub people the right way. I know of 50 other teams that think the same way I do and if you don't believe me wait till November again and find out again.
So knowing now how so many feel how can we possibly fix the problem of one mans domination of a place that should be the Worlds for all? Is there room for negotiation? How much would it cost to buy the site? Its obviously all about the money for JC and not the sport so what will it take?
MD
Old 12-28-2006, 07:52 AM
Registered

I do agree with you Steve. It doesnt look very promissing does it? There realy is no reason to disscuss this anymore. It is not up to the racers or fans its a business dission.
Lets try and not disscus how to make it happen any more on the computor. It seem all we do is trash on each other and get no where. Silence on this subjuct will keep our relationships or whats left of them.
MD

Quick Reply: The Future of Offshore Racing!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.