To All You Super Vee's

Notices

To All You Super Vee's

Old 04-24-2007, 01:25 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Manitie,

Any SuperVee that is still waiting on the trailer and is ready to get back in the water to race again...Let me know!
Old 04-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Registered

Gino,

Thanks for bringing this up. You're right about the potential of P-2 to become the biggest and most exciting Class in Offshore.

There is a lot of inventory out there that was built to the original specifications of the Super Vee Class (105 mph straight away speed - equal horsepower - 8000# minimum weight) that need a place to race with an equal chance of being successful.

The spirit of P-Class is competitive racing between boats with comparative performance abilities. If you have boat you want to run in P-Class, you will be placed in a Class with other boats that have equal abilities. Class assignment is based upon the top speed of the individual boat in perfect water conditions.

Although the majority of the…I want to say older...but who in their right mind considers a 2006 model boat an old boat...Super Vee's fit into P-2, some of the faster ones have been (or will be) placed in P-1 and the slowest boats have gone to P-3. If a boat is placed (or enters) in the wrong Class, it will be moved to the appropriate Class.

P-2 happens to be a nearly perfect fit for the majority of Super Vee teams that have watched the Class spiral out of control. At one time, Super Vee was a great competitive Class with as many as 17 boats lining up for the start. What destroyed Super Vee should be the subject of another discussion with ideas brought forward to prevent a similar scenario in the future.

P-2 is our (equipment owners) opportunity to meet again in the spirit of true equal competition and renew our friendships and our rivalries...it’s a place where the team's abilities are more important than the size of the wallet and you don't have to buy a new boat every year to stay competitive.

While at first glance it may appear that moving to P-Class is moving down...it's not...it's moving over...so we can have fun while we watch the last Super Vee run around the racecourse by itself.

It's a lot more interesting to race…and to watch….as 6-8 boats duke it out using skill and strategy to see who will be the first to the finish line than it is to watch one boat cruising along by itself, half a lap ahead of the field. That’s not racing...that’s as boring as a Fountain infomercial.

Super Vee was once a great class. But the fact is…it’s dead. It’s time to move on to a place where the equipment manufactures can’t kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

The best thing about P-2…you can’t cheat the GPS…anything over 102 and your out.

The P-2 Class voted in Miami to allow a team to get last place points for one missed race. With a 12-race National schedule…it’s going to be a battle all the way to Deerfield.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:11 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,863 Likes on 3,834 Posts

Originally Posted by MANITIE
Bad Apple...

No I can't run close to 100....but I will still run with them...

and no you don't have to get rid of Super Vee...there are Super Vees out there that can run 107 +...and there are a lot of older Super Vees running around 100....

But since there are around 15 + Super Vees out there and only 2 running in OSS and 1 running in SBI...and they are running 111 + mph why would a 100 mph boat run against them....keep the Super Vee Class and let the manufactures keep working on making there boats faster and faster....thats a great thing....and the guys that can pay to buy one fo the new ones will and run Super Vee...

I posted this to inform all the other Super Vees out there plus all other open cockpit boats that are running 100mph that this class will be one of the biggest if not the biggest this year...

Like I said...I think its great that Fountain, Skater and Outerlimeites are doing a great job getting there boats to the speeds that Super Vee are running today....don't take nothing away from them and there hard work...

Remember it was just 3 years ago in Key West there were 17 Super Vee's racing...of them not one are racing in Super Vee today....
and if you take the 17 then plus all the new Super Vees that were built to date, that makes over 24 Super Vees..of them there are only 3 racing in Super Vee today.....

P1 is one of the biggest Class's in Europe....and its a P Class...

Pete B.
I'm glad to see that you agree having only 2 boats racing deck to deck its still great racing....its just as good or better then 5 boats spread out over 4 miles...
I like the fact the manufacturer is setting the bar, Skater and MTI are covering the cats, Outerlimits and Fountain are covering the vees, tired of seeing false claims in the mags. Besides two boats are better than none!
Old 04-25-2007, 08:20 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=MANITIE;2104055]Bad Apple...

P1 is one of the biggest Class's in Europe....and its a P Class...

Yes, but they have rules........you can't put unlimited power in and a little prop to fit a class and go gps racing, stock power will rarely win based on the current system in US. just my two sense after many years of pclass racing.good luck with your efforts
Old 04-25-2007, 08:31 AM
VIP Member

Very true Stock Power has it's issues especially in OPA. Although Randy won the worlds against a pile of purpose built engines, with a 6 year old HP 500. Go figure. Smitty
Old 04-25-2007, 08:33 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by DriverofDonzi
Manitie,

Any SuperVee that is still waiting on the trailer and is ready to get back in the water to race again...Let me know!
Mine is still in one piece for a few more days. It is not slow. Most recently tested at 114
Old 04-25-2007, 08:40 AM
Registered

Pete...like I said I agree I don't won't to take anything away Bret or Joe in Super V...

Vinny...I agree but they have boats in P1 over there that run 100 on the stright aways and back off so they don't brake out of there avg lap speeds...but it still works for them...I thing we have a better system here....
I also agree having big HP and proping down to have great acceleration is not fair....I hope with more and more boats running P-Class the Org. keep it fair....

Last edited by MANITIE; 04-25-2007 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Registered

Were is the Twisted Metal boat it would make another great boat for the class
Old 04-25-2007, 04:10 PM
Registered

Shane....I know a few of us have been talking in the last 2 days and came up with a lot of boats for this class....all close to the same HP and speeds...

We are always talking about making racing affordable...well this is it....
low or no entry fee...42 mile races in SBI/APBA which is more then half of a Super Vee race...so you get more races out of your equipment...with a prise purse for both Oraganzations..
and either racing in OPA or SBI/APBA you will be racing against one of if not the biggest class...

Plus...all the P2 guys agree in Miami to give the boats that did not make the Super Bowl race last place points so it will make the point race even closer....I think its been great the Organizations are letting the guys in there class make some decitions that's helping all the racers and the sport.....

I have a funny feeling Sarasota is going to be a big turnout....

Last edited by MANITIE; 04-25-2007 at 04:13 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,863 Likes on 3,834 Posts

Originally Posted by Shane B
Were is the Twisted Metal boat it would make another great boat for the class
Getting the roof removed!

Quick Reply: To All You Super Vee's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.