To All You Super Vee's >

To All You Super Vee's

Notices

To All You Super Vee's

Old 04-23-2007, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To All You Super Vee's

Hey guys....the P2 Class is turning into one of the biggest class's of racing....with the Tech and performance getting better and better every year on race boats its hard to have a compeditive boat thats a few years old....but we are finding out there are alot of older Super Vee's still out there....and with most of the older ones running from 98 to 103 mph the P2-Class is a great place for these boats to run without spending all the money to continue to test and update to new equipment...
We now have 4 Super Vee's running in SBI in P2 and one with a open cockpit and all running close to the same speeds...with us being capped at 102mph plus all you other boats out there that are running at 100mph...

There are alot of boats still out there that fit this class, like...

Fury
Lisa M fountain
Bill M Skater
Scream Machine
Bad Boys Powerboats
Wanted
Black Pearl

Plus a number of other open cockpit boats that fit this class....

I know a lot of time and money has gone into some of the Fountains, Skaters and Outerlimts Super Vee's and are running from 109 to 117 mph...and thats great but that makes a lot of the older Super Vee's boats no longer compeditive...and its great to see them still run in Super V or P-1...

But the P-2 Class has open the door to a lot of boats that are true 98 to 103mph boats...proping down a 109 to a 116mph boat to run 101 with great excelleration or a boat with 700 hp will always out run the true 101 mph boat....thats why this class will grow...a lot of us are all running XR drives, have the same gears and weight about the same and have close to the same HP....boats that were built in 1995 or 2005 still have the same chance to win....

I know OPA's P-3 Class is close to SBI's P-2 Class and some Super Vees are running in P-3 with OPA...so this class could have as many as 14 boats plus in Key West for the Wolrds...

Also another big plus, the entry fees are $675 in SBI and free in OPA and both have prize money....so it makes the Class very affordable...when most of us are use to paying $1600 to $1800 to enter...

Guys this a great oppertunity to race in a class were the cost is low and the competition is very close no matter how old of boat you have.......

I will also be looking at adding a additional prise purse to the P-2 Class if we can get some more boats out there...

Last edited by MANITIE; 04-23-2007 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:20 PM
VIP Member

What about Super Duper V's?????????
Old 04-23-2007, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Smitty,Did you install the Super Duper Boost button
Old 04-23-2007, 02:39 PM
VIP Member

Yea, we have a little mal function.....Everytime I hit the button it ejects Anthony
Old 04-23-2007, 03:15 PM
Registered

Smitty....funny you should ask that....
Some of us have already been talking about that...
Just put in some big horse power and 6's and just go run in a unlimited class....the Vee's can only go but so fast....

But for this year we are going to see we can do with the 100mph class....

See you guys soon....
Old 04-23-2007, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
Yea, we have a little mal function.....Everytime I hit the button it ejects Anthony
Old 04-23-2007, 07:05 PM
Registered

Manitie
You can run 100
Brett
I guess they should just get rid of Super V and run all P classes.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:53 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,727 Likes on 3,793 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD APPLE
Manitie
You can run 100
Brett
I guess they should just get rid of Super V and run all P classes.

I like the fountain/OL match up, you guys are raising the bar,
which manufacturer will step up!

Old 04-24-2007, 08:19 AM
VIP Member

It is great to see the manufacturers involved. Problem is it always takes time to replace the fleet, When the older boats can't compete. It will happen be patient.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:41 AM
Registered

Bad Apple...

No I can't run close to 100....but I will still run with them...

and no you don't have to get rid of Super Vee...there are Super Vees out there that can run 107 +...and there are a lot of older Super Vees running around 100....

But since there are around 15 + Super Vees out there and only 2 running in OSS and 1 running in SBI...and they are running 111 + mph why would a 100 mph boat run against them....keep the Super Vee Class and let the manufactures keep working on making there boats faster and faster....thats a great thing....and the guys that can pay to buy one fo the new ones will and run Super Vee...

I posted this to inform all the other Super Vees out there plus all other open cockpit boats that are running 100mph that this class will be one of the biggest if not the biggest this year...

Like I said...I think its great that Fountain, Skater and Outerlimeites are doing a great job getting there boats to the speeds that Super Vee are running today....don't take nothing away from them and there hard work...

Remember it was just 3 years ago in Key West there were 17 Super Vee's racing...of them not one are racing in Super Vee today....
and if you take the 17 then plus all the new Super Vees that were built to date, that makes over 24 Super Vees..of them there are only 3 racing in Super Vee today.....

P1 is one of the biggest Class's in Europe....and its a P Class...

Pete B.
I'm glad to see that you agree having only 2 boats racing deck to deck its still great racing....its just as good or better then 5 boats spread out over 4 miles...

Last edited by MANITIE; 04-24-2007 at 02:09 PM.

Quick Reply: To All You Super Vee's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.