Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
To All You Super Vee's >

To All You Super Vee's

Notices

To All You Super Vee's

Old 04-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will give them a call...I know they were talking about just doing poker runs and having fun....but thats what great about this class...plesure boat one day, poker run the next and race the next weekend in P2....

I hope we at least see them in Sarasota....its hard not to race in your own backyard....we had a blast with them last year in Sarasota....

Same with Bill M in Joe Boxer....

It would be great to see all the AARP Super Vees coming back out with or without lids.....and get them off there trailers....if any teams need anything to run in this class let me know....I think all of us running in this clas will help out in anyway we can....
Old 04-25-2007, 06:58 PM
Registered

My boat is just about perfect for this class and seriously for sale..

2004 39' Phantom Super V Race Boat. Boat is legal for APBA/SBI/OSS racing competiton. Incredibly well balanced boat. Fresh RE-RIG by Rick Turmel. No expense spared in building this immaculate Super V. Mercury 525's with #6 Dry Sump Drives, SCS crash boxes, Smartcraft 5000 Engine Management Systems, Color GPS, large screen rear view cameras, 2 GPS Speedo's, Latham Controls, Driver/Throttle/Crew Chief Communications system with VHF integrated. Sonny Hawkins (Tiger Performance) full time Air System, Custom seats that will not hurt you. Custom Water Ballasting System. Merc and Herring Propellers. Multiple Race winner and the safest boat in Super V Racing that will not come apart in the roughest water. Includes a very customer triple axel Aluminum MYCO trailer with built in water tanks, air lines, etc. Spare everything for engines enough for 2 racing seasons

Boat is located in Sarasota - ready to race.

Please call if interested - and thanks.

Gregg Reichman
602-692-3812
Old 04-25-2007, 10:55 PM
Registered

Greg,

Your boat is perfect for P-2. What would it take to get you to fly over and run a few races with us? Your already registered SBI/APBA for 2007 from Key West, your boat is in Florida, and you know we like to pick on you.

Ft. Lauderdale is next weekend and Marathon on May 20th. Max travel to Ft. Lauderdale is 4-hours and 5-1/2 to Marathon. Don't forget about Sarasota at the end of June...right here in our backyard.

I'll bet we can even get Rick S. to crew for you again.

Out of the three of us Phantom owners, I'm the only one still racing. Delaney has hung up his spurs...now that Reggie and Fiore have invaded the OSS camp with their Super Duper Super Vee's...it doesn't make much sense for any of the Bravo boats over there to keep getting their teeth kicked in.

Maybe we can talk Ray into coming out in for a race or three in P-2. We could have a Phantom show-down. Loser buys dinner at Frederick's...or maybe we'll kidnap Will and make him pick up the tab. The least he could do is wash our boats for us.

P-2 is turning out to be a really fun Class. This time last year there was one boat running in P-2...this year we already have 6..and the fleet is growing by the week.

Come on Greg...you gonna let me collect more checkered flags than you?

How about you Ray....you in...or is Fury really just a fluff?
Old 04-26-2007, 07:40 AM
Registered

let the games begin....
Old 04-26-2007, 09:48 AM
Registered

Doyle:

I really am committed to selling the Boat. I think it would be great boat for P-2. If I still own it, maybe Sarasota is a possibility... but if we come down there can you do something about the humidity please ?- us Desert Rat's don't do to well when it is sunny and "raining" all at the same time.

Gregg Reichman
Old 04-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Registered

Wouldn't it make more sense to put sixes on the boats and get with the program................
Old 04-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Registered

Greg,

OK...we're on for Sarasota.

Now...all we've got to do is get Fluffy...I mean Fury...to commit and we got ourselves a real homecoming.

Maybe you can get Gordo to throttle and Ray can get Steve to come back for one more race. If Steve can't make it, we may have to put Will in Ray's boat. That would be a hoot.

I was trying to recall if the three of us have ever been in a race together...I can't think of one.

Its' gonna be great weekend in the city many people consider to be the Mecca of Offshore Powerboat Racing. Lots of history...tremendous fan base...tough racecourse...tough competition...and a chance to race against two of the best guys in Offshore Racing.

I predict a Phantom 1-2-3.

Ken
Old 04-27-2007, 10:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by vinny kostelac
Wouldn't it make more sense to put sixes on the boats and get with the program................
Vinnie:

My Boat already has 6's on it, tricked out 6's in fact. I think the primary issue that Doyle pointed out, and I agree with, is that there are only 3 brands that have proven capable of running the speeds necessary to be competative in Super V with #6's, and they are Skater, Fountain and Outerlimits. The Donzi was competative 2 years ago when low 100's could hang - not any more - if you can't run 110mph in race conditions in relatively flat water you will get lapped in Super V, so once again we have created an environment where lots of equipment is now unusable in that class for anything other than a Sunday boat ride.

P-2 solves that problem, and the racing is just as competative, and with the speed limitation, I would argue it is more of a level playing field where cheaters won't matter because the GPS does not lie.

I am really glad to see this even thought I am not racing this year, it will make for a very competative and interesting class into the future.

Gregg Reichman
Old 04-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Registered

Vin...#6 are not the answer...for one the cost...no one with a 2,3 or 4 year old Super Vee is going to go out and buy #6's to race Super Vee...the tech. has come so far in the last 4 years ago in these boats...you know that...

also there are so many gears you can run with #6's and props which again will cost a lot of money....thats part of the problem with Super Vee...when it was allowed to go to #6..it open the door to all kinds of gears and acceleration...leaving the Brovo's out to dry...look at what Scott C. did with the Spiderman Skater...his 70 to 100 acceleration was incredible...plus he had the reliablity in the drives...

You should know this very well...the Bad Boys boat was built for the 2005 season...and it has gone threw a lot of changes...and still is..and I'm sure the money that has been invested into that boat is up there to date...but now it is competing against boats that are running 8 to 10 mph faster today....we are just putting the older boats in a class that we can all compete....
who knows 3 years from now the Super Vees will probably be running in the 120's...
But there will aways be teams out there they will stay current with the newest tech and they will race in that class...
Old 05-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Registered

What goes around...comes around...we are looking forward to the "re-introduction" of the 100 mph boat.

If you have a Super Vee or F-2 boat...please contact me.

You really do want to be a part of this...it's something that will breathe new life into your passion for Offshore Racing!

Ken Doyle
502-386-6591

PS:
Current owners of Super Vee and F-2 boats capable of 90-105 mph only...please.

Everyone else...please be patient...you'll like what is in the works.

Quick Reply: To All You Super Vee's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.