Doug Wright website? >

Doug Wright website?

Notices

Doug Wright website?

Old 08-02-2007, 12:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doug Wright website?

My throttle-man and I have settled on superboat stock as the class we'll race in. From my web surfing I've noticed the Doug Wright boats seem to be the current hull to beat in that class. Since I'm a few hundred thousand away from actually lowering the boat into the water for its first race, I thought it would be fun have some pictures of these boats to dream about.

So my question is, does Doug Wright have a website?

Or is there a Doug Wright "dealer" with photos on the web?

Old 08-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Registered

glad to hear another team wants to race superboat stock feel free to give me a call. I can awswer your questions

Tague
S-2 D&E Motorsports
954-648-1896
Old 08-02-2007, 08:01 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a picture to get your dreams started. Doug build the best Super Stock boat out there.
Attached Thumbnails Doug Wright website?-shark_sp_12.jpg  
Old 08-03-2007, 09:50 AM
Racer
Racer

I love our outboard cat. It's an 30 AMT designed by Doug and is the predecessor to the 32. You just can't go wrong with one them. We are moving up to a SVL, but will sure miss the cat. There a couple of AMTs for sale now, ours included, that will save you about a $100k.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Registered

OFFICIAL KILO RECORD

"Team Deep Vee Cats sets new world record 119.14"

I would definately consider a DVC if I were looking into SS.

Julie
Old 08-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by throttleup
OFFICIAL KILO RECORD

"Team Deep Vee Cats sets new world record 119.14"

I would definately consider a DVC if I were looking into SS.

Julie
Agreed,

Lee is going to be a very busy man if he keeps this up
Old 08-07-2007, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I would definitely look at a DVC.........
Old 08-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Registered

Default Dvc

The dougs build a fully composite boat in a mold not a one off like DVC.
The build quaily will not be the same.
If you want to race it will be hard to beat the DW 32' at present.
Not taking away from DVC which has just upped their record to 119 which is very fast and has been very competitive in the super stock. Kilo records or kilo setups dont win races.
The doug 32 in kilo trim has also just done 120.9 but on the return run didn't enter as fast as should have.
I think both boats at their best can average early 120's and this is very fast considering the power.
Doug wright builds the best boat for this class full stop.
Ive read on this forum about the new dvc but havnt seen it as yet good luck with your project and best of luck.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

www.grantscustomrigging.com has a good collection of DWs that they have rigged.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sugarstick
The dougs build a fully composite boat in a mold not a one off like DVC.
The build quaily will not be the same.
If you want to race it will be hard to beat the DW 32' at present.
Not taking away from DVC which has just upped their record to 119 which is very fast and has been very competitive in the super stock. Kilo records or kilo setups dont win races.
The doug 32 in kilo trim has also just done 120.9 but on the return run didn't enter as fast as should have.
I think both boats at their best can average early 120's and this is very fast considering the power.
Doug wright builds the best boat for this class full stop.
Ive read on this forum about the new dvc but havnt seen it as yet good luck with your project and best of luck.
Sugar,
Did you REALLY think you would get away with this? We at Team DVC have great respect for DW and his creations. You have not read anything to the contrary from us and you won't. You just bought a new boat and you made a good choice but it is not the only choice. There are some people who don't want to do what everyone else is doing. We have three serious racers considering the new DVC hull, two of which are World Champions. One thing they all have in common is that they all appreciate Lee's innovation and they want something different.

You do seem to be confused on the facts. Perhaps it was cocktail time when you posted. You gave us our 119.14 World Record but it looks like you took it away with a 120 for some other boat. Sorry, I wish it were that easy. Only one boat holds the record, only one boat has for the past four years, and many DW's have tried to take it.

You have not seen the new DVC hull, but you feel qualified to comment on the method and quality of it's construction. Let me assure you that the production DVC's will be coming from a mold. A mold that took 7 years to perfect. And perfect it has become. Thank you for your interest and wishes of "good luck". I would say back at ya, when you find yourself next to a young aggressive Team sporting a new DVC hull next year, you are going to need it. SQ
Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.

Quick Reply: Doug Wright website?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.