Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
What is this month Catch Phrase going to be???? >

What is this month Catch Phrase going to be????

Notices

What is this month Catch Phrase going to be????

Old 09-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,727 Likes on 3,793 Posts
Default What is this month Catch Phrase going to be????

Last month it was "United we race" which some teams really took to heart, and displayed thier willingness, and passion for the sport, by stepping over and running at a different venue, under a different organzation. And as the 2007 season will be soon behind us, will the typical political snippits, personality conflicts, egos, or driven agenda's once again continue to drive the sport??

Old 09-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

when hasnt it Pete??? Sad but true
Old 09-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete B
Last month it was "United we race" which some teams really took to heart, and displayed thier willingness, and passion for the sport, by stepping over and running at a different venue, under a different organzation. And as the 2007 season will be soon behind us, will the typical political snippits, personality conflicts, egos, or driven agenda's once again continue to drive the sport??

Nah Pete, I think things will come around, things are already in the works for 2008 to keep things on the up swing.
Politics, ego's,agenda's, they drive the world how are we gonna get them out of this sport that you have to be crazy to do in the first place? "United We Race" is still on our boat and will stay there. Are we ever gonna be totally united? I think it's logistically impossible, but we sure as chit can do a few races together and make a big splash and have some fun.
Louie
Old 09-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Without United We Race. You can kiss your EGO'S, Snippets, Personality Conflicts, Politics and Offshore powerboat Racing BYE-BYE because the rest of the racers and the fans who beleave in United We Race will be gone and you will be the only one's left at the races, if you could call it that. This year I have seen some great races by racers from other associations racing together and hope that this momentum continues into 2008. United We Race should be the phraze this month, next month and next year till everyone gets on the same page and realize that it is not only a phraze it is what the sport has been missing for so long.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

United We Race Should Be The Only Phrase !!
Old 09-12-2007, 06:01 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

United We Race is only a catch phrase if YOU dont believe in United We Race ... for those of us that do, its a mantra. Its what we DO ... not just SAY.

Sad for those of you who think its a catch phrase .... if thats what you think it is, then you really dont get it.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

United we race! I will see you united in Destin for the worlds. It will be great having all you OPA racers run with us united in Destin again! A lot of us OSS teams have supported OPA this year and if you truly call it united then supporting OSS at the worlds will prove you mean it.
MD
Old 09-12-2007, 08:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
United We Race is only a catch phrase if YOU dont believe in United We Race ... for those of us that do, its a mantra. Its what we DO ... not just SAY.

Sad for those of you who think its a catch phrase .... if thats what you think it is, then you really dont get it.
In my humble opinion, until someone has stroked a check for a raceboat and endured unnecessary rule changes, they aren't qualified to tell someone that they don't "get it." Two or three races in someone else's raceboat does not automatically give someone an understanding of the history of the sport/hobby.

As I said in another thread - "United We Race" is like "No More Taxes" to many............not all, but many. A very convenient phrase to use when trying to get something.

Personally, I think the phrase should be "No More BS".
Old 09-12-2007, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Phantom Knows.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
United we race! I will see you united in Destin for the worlds. It will be great having all you OPA racers run with us united in Destin again! A lot of us OSS teams have supported OPA this year and if you truly call it united then supporting OSS at the worlds will prove you mean it.
MD

Supportin OSS at the Nationals ... SBI at KW .... Wish I could afford to do it all ... or afford the time off work ... Im just glad my boss loves me now

Quick Reply: What is this month Catch Phrase going to be????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.