San Diego this weekend

Notices

San Diego this weekend

Old 09-12-2007, 11:22 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default San Diego this weekend

The Hydro's are running this weekend. 3000 hp 200 mph.

Lites blown alcohol, naturally aspirated alcohol Hydro's

The Propra gang gets to do exihbition races (offshore) inshore. Renegade- In the red- Ragamuffin and a couple newcomers as well as the rest.

sst45's- drag boats -cracker boxes- k boats

I am sure that there is more but I have not seen a schedule.

Should be a good weekend.

pat W
Attached Thumbnails San Diego  this weekend-u37a.jpg   San Diego  this weekend-u37b.jpg   San Diego  this weekend-u37c.jpg  

Last edited by shifter; 09-13-2007 at 02:10 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:29 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

By the way U-37 will be flying. She came by the shop to get dialed in for this weekend.

We broke track record at the last race..........
Attached Thumbnails San Diego  this weekend-u37d.jpg  
Old 09-13-2007, 02:03 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Here is some info about this weekend , I borrowed it from the pacificoffshore site.

Hotel Info:
http://www.paradisepoint.com/Paradise_home.aspx
San Diego, Ca Schedule of Events

Sep 13, 2006 (Thursday)
8:00am-5:00pm Dry Pits Open “Ski Beach”
7:30 Pm Free Committee Dinner EVI Hospitality

Sep 14, 2006 (Friday)
9:00am-5:00pm Registration: Dry Pits POPRA Trailer
9:00am-5:00pm Dry Pits: Ski Beach
9:00am-5:00pm Inspection: Dry Pits Ski Beach
9:30am- 10:00am Drivers meeting for testing Dry Pits POPRA Trailer
10:30am-10:45am Testing
4:45pm-5:30pm Testing
6:30pm-9:30 pm Live Music from “Private Domain”

Sep 15, 2006 (Saturday)
7:30am-8:30am Physicals: Paradise Point Resort
9:00am-9:30am Mandatory Drivers Meeting: Paradise Point Resort
8:00am-9:00pm Registration: Dry Pits POPRA Trailer
8:00am-9:00pm Inspection: Dry Pits
8:00am-5:00pm Dry Pits open: Ski Beach
8:00am-5:00pm Fueling: “offsite”
9:00am-4:00pm Crane: Ski Beach
9:00am-5:00pm Wet Pits: Paradise Point Resort
10:45am-11:00 Race One Vee’s
1:55pm-2:20pm Race Two Cat’s
6:30pm-9:30 pm Live Music from “JPX” KVI
9:30pm Fireworks Fiesta Island

Sep 16,2006 (Sunday)
7:30am-8:30am Physicals: Paradise Point Resort
9:00am-9:30am Mandatory Drivers Meeting: Paradise Point Resort
9:00am-5:00am Crane: Ski Beach
8:00am-5:00pm Wet Pits: Paradise Point Resort
10:30am-10:45pm Race one Vee’s
2:10pm-2:45pm Race two Cat’s
4:00pm- 5:00pm Awards: Dry pits
Old 09-13-2007, 02:08 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

http://www.thunderboatregatta.com/pd...duleandmap.pdf

Here is the rest of the info for this weekend.

pat W
Old 09-13-2007, 02:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pat, can you explain why Popra seems to be so uninterested in letting people know what's going on with their racing. I met Kevin Cooper at the Rum Run. Seems like a really good guy and I'm not trying to break balls, but seriously...

Worse than the "Secret Car Club of America"!

Are there race teams? Do boats actually show up for the races? It bums me out because I'm genuinely interested and there doesn't seem to be much reciprocal interest in getting anyone involved.

Last edited by Dude! Sweet!; 09-13-2007 at 02:30 AM.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:40 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,736 Likes on 3,794 Posts

I wish I had known, I am flying out to Burbank to pick up a truck and would have went to the races, but I am on a tight schedule.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Registered

Pete B, I was going to drag John down there, but I'm tied up and it sounds like he might be too. Make him take you to Dr. Hoggly Wogglies for lunch.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
Pat, can you explain why Popra seems to be so uninterested in letting people know what's going on with their racing. I met Kevin Cooper at the Rum Run. Seems like a really good guy and I'm not trying to break balls, but seriously...

Worse than the "Secret Car Club of America"!

Are there race teams? Do boats actually show up for the races? It bums me out because I'm genuinely interested and there doesn't seem to be much reciprocal interest in getting anyone involved.
The schedule has been on the web site all year and S.D. and has been on there from the start? What should I done different??? If you would like to volunteer and help with marketing them step.

2007 POPRA Race Schedule
July-- 21,21 Long Beach, Ca
Aug—16,19 Orange Beach, AL
Sept-- 8,9 Pittsburg, CA
Sept-- 15,16 San Diego, Ca
Sept—28-30 Lake Of the Ozarks, Missouri National Championships
Nov-- Worlds TBD
Old 09-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Registered

Hey Kev, like I said, you seemed like a good dude when I met you, and I wasn't trying to bust your balls, but since you asked... How about a de minimis amount of public communication about what's going on with POPRA? The web site is there, but significant portions haven't been updated all year.

How about race results and an entry list so we can see if it's worth it to haul our asses down to SD or up to Pittsburg?

Volunteer? I signed up to be a patrol boat for the Rum Run. I emailed repeatedly to get confirmation about what was going on with the event (and I know other guys did too). I finally got a phone call the friday before the race. As you know, there are many different ways to spend your free time in Southern CA, and I know that I don't generally put my schedule together the day before I do something... We ended up watching the Rum Run with six people and a cooler on the boat instead.

My gas, my time, for free. Well granted not free. You guys would have had to hit "reply" on your email and say "Dude, here's what's up... you're in." a week or so before the race.

It's funny, I quit car racing to go boating again. I actually said to you, "man racing a single engine boat has to be cheaper than racing a car because you don't have to buy tires!". But, cost was a small factor in getting out of car racing. Wasting my limited free time with a bunch of "Charlie Foxtrot" nonsense was the #1 reason why SCCA doesn't get my entry fees anymore.

As is stands now, I can go out in the ocean and run by myself as fast as I want. I can even see other boats often as not and run with them. So, why would I either a) drive 100 - 300 miles to see 5 boat run (again an assumption, I don't have any clue how many boats are running Popra events...) or b) buck up a grand in entry fees plus ancilliaries to go drive around by myself like I do every weekend anyhow?

I assume that this is your passion and to some extent your business. Even undertakers a tax return preparers have to market a little bit to get clients, and using those guys is inevitable...
Old 09-13-2007, 11:52 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

The Propra club has never really promoted the races from what I have seen over the years. I do not remember the last time I heard there was a race on the radio or the local news. There was a sign right before the parking lot where the boats are parked.

The fleet of boats have been reduced over the years with people joining national circuts that were local racers reducing the fleet. When teams like KAAMA and Gentry were west coast teams there were some promoted races and natonal interest. I think that the level has dropped a little. The amount of money that was backing those teams attracted other teams. That paid for the rescue,cranes,staff,promotion,tv ect....

We would have backed this coast but the "club " mentality has kept us away. We need to be able to sell product to be able to help the sport, the same goes for Arneson and anyone else that is currently excluded from the rules.

In turn there would have been money in the organisation to afford to have people respond to emails or write on the internet.

My advice is to go to the race in San Diego if you are interested and talk with the teams that are there and give them a hand. Bring your boat and race or just show up and watch Kooper roll.

pat W

Quick Reply: San Diego this weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.