Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Anyone know this raceboat? >

Anyone know this raceboat?

Notices

Anyone know this raceboat?

Old 10-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the stringgers would have to be laid out differently. but you would be rebuilding the transom anyway...and if your doing that u may as well install ITS on it...no longer a good deal.

ps...we are selling the converted JBS Super-V.

if your really planning on racing buy a boat with 500's or 525's...a SVL maybe the answer and allow you to compete at a higher level and for longer if your doing it out of pocket.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Racer
Racer

Just buy it, run it and have fun... find a way to go racing if thats what you want to do, if the boat fits your budget and plans run with it! You can always race it for a year than look into "upgrades" over the winter months.

The key is "Just get out there" if you need anything or have any questions drop me a e-mail [email protected] I'll be happy to help.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for all the PMs and responses.. ill post up what I hear from fastboats~
Old 10-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rick is right on. To run it in Class 2 it would take some upgrades, but in class 3 I'm sure it would be very competitive. Get a get deal on it and find the right class to run it.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
Just buy it, run it and have fun... find a way to go racing if thats what you want to do, if the boat fits your budget and plans run with it! You can always race it for a year than look into "upgrades" over the winter months.

The key is "Just get out there" if you need anything or have any questions drop me a e-mail [email protected] I'll be happy to help.
Yea, run it the way it is, enjoy it change if nec later. You may find it runs well how it is. The side by side set up works fine at 90 mph range.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by audacity
insurance?
i know a lot of raceboats dont have insurance but Ill be using it as my primary boat.. That includes rafting up, dinner runs, etc.. so Ill have to have insurance on it..
Old 10-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Registered

just my .02 it would not work well for that. i have had both race boats and pleasure boats of all sorts. very limited sight. docking sucks. and ya can only take 1 other person...some now have 4 seats.

again only my .02...but ya may want to check out an open 2x outboard cat..u can race it in P class...is cheaper to run. faster and it's perfect for a pleasure boat.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:02 PM
Registered

racing would be third of fourth on the priority list of things to do with the boat.. time is like gold around my office..

The wow factor of having a canopy boat outweighs the issues of docking and seating. To me its not about how fast you are, its about how cool you look going fast..

Plus our boating season in the midwest wouldnt be cut so short with a canopy.. And this one has removable lids.. I do appreciate your input a lot though.. All of you guys.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Registered

OK, Ive found out that the name of the boat when it raced was "KAMIKAZE"

Anyone familiar with it at all or know the owners? THe dealer has almost NO information on it.. Id love to chat with the ex-owners just for a few minutes and find out rebuild info and stuff..
Old 10-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Registered

LOL...i think your going to be more concerned about the heat than the cold!...it's brutal in there...most pleasure canopy boats have AC. We have aircraft AC and we can't wait to get out! whata think it smells like in a 100deg+(when moving)box with two guys sweating like hogs?

Quick Reply: Anyone know this raceboat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.