Best Cat design Mike Peters? >

Best Cat design Mike Peters?

Notices

Best Cat design Mike Peters?

Old 02-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stainless
Also , the speed on the recall was not the max speed that boat ran, it was simply the max speed it ran with the last set of props tested
That explains much
Old 02-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ziggy
I was reffering too top speed! But I can imagine no one is running 120+ in race trim! Would a skater be competitive in the X-cat series? I saw your boat running in a few races and it looked very competitive but I also saw that the boat @ lakecumberland wasn't in the X-cat series. Is there so much difference between a 30 and a 32?

Thx
That boat IS running in the x cat series, both last yr and this. It is running as Spirit of Uae , and they are still dialing it in. If you watch the videos from both this and last yr, there are some great shots of it running! Check it out !
Old 06-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Registered

Default Best Cat design Mike Peters?

chewiekw,

your assumption is valid. Michael Peters is the best catamaran designer.
Of course we are not impartial, as our 40 Rage, 41 Raptor and 43 Tencara are Michael Peters' designs. The facts speak for themselves, though. His designs have dominated UIM Class 1 racing for more than a decade.

As far as Mystic objecting to being in the list of MPYD designs, I can only state that Mystic laser scanned the 43 Tencara "Callan Marine", modified the design in CAD, and then had a new plug milled at Mollicam. This is the high tech equivalent of splashing a hull.

Imitation may be the most sincere form of flattery, but neither Michael Peters nor we are impressed.

The fact that a naval architect chose to splash a Michael Peters designed hull is confirmation of your assumption, that Peters is the best in the business!

Andreas
Old 06-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by platinum
chewiekw,

your assumption is valid. Michael Peters is the best catamaran designer.
Of course we are not impartial, as our 40 Rage, 41 Raptor and 43 Tencara are Michael Peters' designs. The facts speak for themselves, though. His designs have dominated UIM Class 1 racing for more than a decade.

As far as Mystic objecting to being in the list of MPYD designs, I can only state that Mystic laser scanned the 43 Tencara "Callan Marine", modified the design in CAD, and then had a new plug milled at Mollicam. This is the high tech equivalent of splashing a hull.

Imitation may be the most sincere form of flattery, but neither Michael Peters nor we are impressed.

The fact that a naval architect chose to splash a Michael Peters designed hull is confirmation of your assumption, that Peters is the best in the business!

Andreas
1) you will get a lot of argument from the Skater people about who is the best catamaran designer and 2) do you have proof that John Cosker splashed any of Peters' designs.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
1) you will get a lot of argument from the Skater people about who is the best catamaran designer and 2) do you have proof that John Cosker splashed any of Peters' designs.
Well why in the hell would a "Naval Architect" scan someone else’s boat if not to copy it? That’s splashing with a 21st century flair is all, right? A hell of lot of us do not go for that kind of behaviour. Mike is a hell of a nice guy who has earned his spot at the top through hard work.

Last edited by Steve 1; 06-16-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:57 AM
Registered

First of all there was no 3-D laser scanning of any sort. The Tencara was a fantastic boat in it's time and was designed for about 150 mph speeds. I took everything we learned from running the old Jolly Motor which was a great boat at extreme speeds and improved on it. I have great respect for Michael Peters and consider him a friend and colleague, he is certainly one of the best in the business. When Mike couldn't design a new stepped bottom for Contender Boats due to non compete contracts with another builder he called me and asked me if I would work with Joe Neber on the project. He could have called any other designer in the world and he chose me, that should speak for itself.

I would be please to sit with anyone with a Tencara and a Mystic side by side and show them over a 100 differences between the two boats as well as a myriad of new safety features. I have personally run both a Tencara and a Mystic over 200 mph and trust me there is a vast difference. This is nothing against a Tencara, it was simply not designed to go that fast but my boat is and does it frequently. Two of my customers ran their boat 204.5 mph this past weekend.

At the end of the day building a successful boat company is about much more than just the design. It's about structural engineering, an experienced lamination crew, customer service and standing behind your product when something goes wrong. Trying to be derisive about a competitor through whatever means you see possible simply does not build you up.

John Cosker
President
Mystic Powerboats Inc.
386-736-2247
Old 06-23-2009, 08:33 PM
Registered

See above- WOW- it doesn't get much better than that
Old 06-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Registered

mystic, when you guys going to put some small piston power in the boat? maybe something like a set of merc 850s so we could do a side by side comparsion too other boats. or was the mystic built specificly for 200 mph turbines only. we be cool to see it run agianst some of the others in supercat???
Old 06-23-2009, 09:52 PM
Registered

I really dont now who is Mike peters but my respect, Mystic, Platinum and other catamarans desings,FOR ME , are inspired in the old Team Victory and Jolly Motors catamarans who raced around 1997 in the UIM circuit this boats were basically the same about 45-50 ft not too wide but with a very big tunnel.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:59 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by skaterdave
mystic, when you guys going to put some small piston power in the boat? maybe something like a set of merc 850s so we could do a side by side comparsion too other boats. or was the mystic built specificly for 200 mph turbines only. we be cool to see it run agianst some of the others in supercat???
I don't think you could do a supercat style mystic, its dimensions are a little to big for that... now Class 1 power level/setup would be interesting to see what it would do. I am guessing as soon as a customer wants one, we will find out what it can do with power like that.

the Nauti Marine Mystic runs pretty well with the little Mercs in it (little be relative to what usually is in it )

Quick Reply: Best Cat design Mike Peters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.