Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Best Cat design Mike Peters? >

Best Cat design Mike Peters?

Notices

Best Cat design Mike Peters?

Old 06-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the canopy is different, the shearline is different, the sides/curves are different, the running surface is different, the tunnel is diffferent. Its a functional design. it doesnt have a "hump" like mti or other unneccesary style additions.

I dont recall any chest pumping, and Mystic only responded to these unwarranted allegations. I know who I would want to do business with as well.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:15 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by skaterdave
geez, next thing you know somebody is going to say that the mti's are splashed off skaters???
That aught to get the ball rolling even more!
Old 06-29-2009, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
the canopy is different, the shearline is different, the sides/curves are different, the running surface is different, the tunnel is diffferent. Its a functional design. it doesnt have a "hump" like mti or other unneccesary style additions.

I dont recall any chest pumping, and Mystic only responded to these unwarranted allegations. I know who I would want to do business with as well.
This is crazy you profess to be a neophyte but then post inside details! Look design and build something that someone would Even want to steal then get back too us, you are out of your league here.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why if Mystic and Platinum desings are the best Miss Geico Team still using the 44 MTI? because I belive they have each one of them dont they? And I belive this discusion will end when Skater relese their first 50 ft boat with turbines
Old 06-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Registered

What happened with Mystic and Platinum is legaly ok because to call a desing yours you only have to change a 10% of the original desing in wich this case be the lenght and the canopy I gess and maybe a stringer in the bottom of the boat. This right here has passed in boat foerver, 24 Pantera, P&D and others had made the exact same boat in difference to the windshield, resuming Platinum, is to Mystic, as a Corvette 00, is to a Corvette 08
Old 06-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ruko_19
What happened with Mystic and Platinum is legaly ok because to call a desing yours you only have to change a 10% of the original desing in wich this case be the lenght and the canopy I gess and maybe a stringer in the bottom of the boat. This right here has passed in boat foerver, 24 Pantera, P&D and others had made the exact same boat in difference to the windshield, resuming Platinum, is to Mystic, as a Corvette 00, is to a Corvette 08
Dude wrong that 10% BS is gone, you have to be original by law now!
Old 06-30-2009, 10:24 PM
Registered

These links may help with the legal aspects of the conversation.

Gov Copyright Office page for Vessels

The copyright office maintains a list of registered vessel designs. The link is at the bottom of the page.

An article from the Journal of Maritime Law Apr 2007

These are purely provided for the legal conversation, I'll leave the moral, ethical or business practice aspects for others to discuss.

AC

Last edited by Andrew Corn; 07-01-2009 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-30-2009, 11:06 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
Guilty until proven innocent??? Thats a great philosophy. Watch the videos from the LOTO Shootout in 04 with the Tencara and in 05 with the Mystic and see how much better the Mystic rides.
Maybe you can answer this for me.
Why did Cintron go from a Platinum to a Mystic???
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ine-mti-2.html

Post 8 as well.
Look at Dave Callens reply to my post on the first runs in the mystic and the old Tencara. I'd say your wrong and since I was there and saw the runs I'll tell you just like I said back then the boat wasn't right then but came back 2006 real nice.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:59 PM
Registered

I completly agree isnt moral what they do with the mystic boat thats why said a Mystic will be a 09 corvette because is a improve version of what it was a great desing but, can someone awnser me why geico team still using the MTI?
Old 07-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ruko_19
I completly agree isnt moral what they do with the mystic boat thats why said a Mystic will be a 09 corvette because is a improve version of what it was a great desing but, can someone awnser me why geico team still using the MTI?
I was told they are still running the MTI because the mystic was set up as a kilo boat and they are in the transition of making it into a race boat.

Quick Reply: Best Cat design Mike Peters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.