Notices

Svl

Old 09-13-2011, 09:38 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
As WreckDr. says, when I looked into the rules for my bat boat, f- factory modified engine class was for all the NA Mercury Racing Blue Motors. ie modified by the factory to a standard spec. without blowers etc.
Exactly.
Years ago they had my Factory 1 boat with HP500 in a class with stock 502 Mag boats. The stock guys claimed an unfair advantage so the people that hosted the event came to me and asked about the "new" Factory classes and requirements for the class. I showed them the rule book for Factory-1, F2 and F3, and showed them the seals on the HP500 engines.
As a result, the Shootout organizers created Factory classes more aligned with (at that time) current APBA Pro series classes. They tried to keep up with ghanges with the class, (500carb to 500efi to 525, etc.).
Old 09-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Thanks Gordo, Then the boat should have been in a differant class such as modified. Something tells me the Fountain new that from the last years protest.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SVL could be a Good class ,!!!............... a great class ! !!!

90% of the teams over the years have only improved it,s designation .Those who hurt it are pretty much just sittin, any how .So theyre input is moot .

Hopefully 7 will do the Last couple on SBI,s Schedule .

Actually ,OPA has one comin up down here in the panhandle . Since it was a slow year some of those racers , Orange Beach would be a nice place to covet as well

Really tho , the last three good race sites are comin up !!!
Old 09-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
i disagree, the Pirate team has every right to be pissed. they got robbed a podium spot in KW. The Fountain should have lost their points for the first race as well. Or possibly DQ period. You gonna tell me politics didnt play a role in that decision?
Exactly! That should have been an immediate DQ. Period.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
LOTO Does not have a "stock 525" class. It's a

FOR MODIFIED FACTORY ENGINES WITHOUT POWER (INCLUDES 525 SC STOCK, 500hp, 500efi, 525efi)

So it's a 525 class built up to what ever you want just no blowers, turbos, NOS.. etc.
Not true.
The intent of this class was engines that are legal for specific sanctioned racing classes.
Refer back to Von Bongos' post. He has been a vital part of the Shootout for many years

Last edited by Gordo; 09-17-2011 at 02:16 PM. Reason: .
Old 05-01-2014, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Not the first time they got confused on what class to enter. Opps.