Notices

Svl

Old 08-31-2011, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Svl

So 105 in an SVL thats gotta be legal stuff right, Im sure they put a bigger engine in for the shootout. How do the legal SVLs feel about this for Key West?
Old 08-31-2011, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They will have to go through inspection same as and other team. The boat will have to meet all the SBI rules no different then any other teams. same as they had to do in Mich City. I'm sure they moved the drive backl up after Mich City and like you said no one know what motor they used really didnt matter at Loto.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

My geuss is the next time that boat shows up at a race the org that it shows up at will have to spend hours inspecting it. If its multipal days of racing like KW it should be inspected before EVERY race and after. No one is better than Brain at crossing the line. The trust is gone for there team by the rest of the SVL teams. If they win they will be known as the team that must have done something illeagal. Why bother showing. Its so simple go to Merc., get a sealed motor, have someone install it other than Brian and dont let anyone else touch your boat. If the boat goes back to Fountain then you never know what you will get back.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
My geuss is the next time that boat shows up at a race the org that it shows up at will have to spend hours inspecting it. If its multipal days of racing like KW it should be inspected before EVERY race and after. No one is better than Brain at crossing the line. The trust is gone for there team by the rest of the SVL teams. If they win they will be known as the team that must have done something illeagal. Why bother showing. Its so simple go to Merc., get a sealed motor, have someone install it other than Brian and dont let anyone else touch your boat. If the boat goes back to Fountain then you never know what you will get back.
Go Get,em Cowboy !LOL
Old 09-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Registered

I dont know why they need a inspection. Why can't we just take their word. Brian said their motor was a "tired 525".
Old 09-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by extras
I dont know why they need a inspection. Why can't we just take their word. Brian said their motor was a "tired 525".
Old 09-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

With legal gears, legal prop, legal RPM and zero slip, does the math even work out to go that fast in SVL?

Problem is, it looks like an SVL so they call it that.....or are they saying it meets SVL rules of sealed Merc Motor?
Old 09-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ron P
With legal gears, legal prop, legal RPM and zero slip, does the math even work out to go that fast in SVL?

Problem is, it looks like an SVL so they call it that.....or are they saying it meets SVL rules of sealed Merc Motor?
No one said it was a legal anything, at Loto he can run any motor, weight, and drive height he wants. I'm sure he had the drive to the moon, but thats not going to work at a race. He know what the rules are and had the proper drive height in Mich City.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:19 AM
Registered

I wanna see the Fountain in legal form ,with Brian in it ,go against the " White Boat" with gary d ,and miklos .I know any LEGAL svl can win on any day .I just think that would generate some fun .
Old 09-02-2011, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron P

Lance in Octane had 800 hp 598ci last year and went 100mph.

I would guess a 150 hp shot of Nitrous on top of the 650hp 525, or it is the new mercury/fountain Supercat 525

It did go from 86 mph to 105mph in the same day.

Doesn't mater who you are, it still takes X hp to move X weight distance. Can't cheat physics.

If it is the most efficient v-hull ever made, it will still take 700 hp min to achieve those numbers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.