Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Frustration has the best of me!!!! >

Frustration has the best of me!!!!

Notices

Frustration has the best of me!!!!

Old 05-23-2012, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally when I was considering dropping the power or removing the blowers to compete in the supercat division the topic that always surfaced was, the boat would have to be chopped apart to lighten the load. I didnt want to to do that to the boat. Then when the topic of leaving the blowers and lowering the horsepower was discussed, I ran into the same type of thing, if we happened to win a race against a non blower motor boat would there be any hard feelings? I truly don't know the answer to that! Also keeping In mind a set of supercat spec 750hp motors would run around 50-80k for the set, plus the rigging.

Skater dave, I agree with you about the people out there. I've had good action on the boat, even several purchase agreements. But the thing that kills me when you talk cash, negotiate based on cash and then people say "when my loan clears" that kills me. Bottom line is if people don't have the cash in hand, they shouldn't be trying or should I say dreaming about buying a boat! Even now,I have dropped the price to 250k turn key, I have received more calls over the past few days, but people still want to see what my bottom line is? Are they kidding? Parts alone or worth more! Anyway, if it sells it sells, if not it will sit. I feel that I have wasted enough time talking, dealing and answering questions for all of the dreamers, deadbeats or just losers out there (not saying everyone, the people I'm referring to I'm sure they know who they are!) I wonder if there is any law about extreme tire kicking? I wish!
Old 05-23-2012, 09:29 AM
Fastboats Marine Group
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Welcome to boat sales... Even worse when its a race boat!

Looks like you have had a lil taste of the life of a "Boat Dealer'
Unfortunately these days I often sell complete turn key boats for less than the value of the parts,especially if its a limited use vessel like a Race boat.Don't get frustrated with the "hull thumpers",sooner or later someone will come along with the $$.
Looks like SBI made a good attempt at combining the classes this weekend in Cocoa Beach..Great battle between JD Byrider and Stihl..Really even top end speeds but I think JD had some acceleration over Stihl..Reminded me of our race last year in Cocoa with Stihl..came down to the last 100 yards..That was some great racing! The Stihl guys and WHM are great for the sport and will do whatever is necessary to compete and equal out the class,sounds like JD Byrider is also with the program.
Surprises me more racers dont run Cat lite,minimal maintenance with the 525 Mercs,#6 drives,89 octane fuel,130+mph speeds..all adds up to economical/safe/competitive racing!! Hopefully I will also be out there this year to give them some more competition!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

fboater sounds like you are a seasoned vetran...do i know u?
Old 05-23-2012, 10:09 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Tony,

I think Flboater is the person who raced in Loribu boat last year. Unless I am wrong.

Chris
Old 05-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Fastboats Marine Group
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Racing

Tony,
I raced back in 96-99 in Superstock then Cat Lite in 2000-2002
(Montano Motorsports..then Fastboats.com 35 Motion Cat.)
The past 2 years ran the #33 Loriblu 40 MTI.Had some great races against Stihl once we got the boat dialed in.
Met you a few times at various race venues over the years.
I also own Fastboats Marine Group (Fastboats.com)down here in Pompano and North Miami location. Richie Powers also works for me here..We call him "7-11"
7 World and 11 National Chamionships..Nice to have a "old school' racer around for advice when you need it!!
Attached Thumbnails Frustration has the best of me!!!!-greatshot.jpg  
Old 05-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Racer
Racer

Tallest guy in the drivers meetings
Old 05-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Cut your losses and get in your Pantara. Just have fun at a fraction of the cost.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Cut your losses and get in your Pantara. Just have fun at a fraction of the cost.
ditto..
Old 05-27-2012, 06:21 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok thanks wasnt sure, I like that boat...I remember now . Rchie is a great guy watched him in early 90's , I' m sure he's a wealth of knowledge.

Last edited by byrideroffshore; 05-27-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Randy,

I remember the first few races with the new boat , you guys had a lot of work a head of you. But when it was said and done you got it running awesome and had some tight battles with JR, and Grant.

Tony this would be an awesome boat for the new SC class , the boat is fast thats for sure .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.