Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Frustration has the best of me!!!! >

Frustration has the best of me!!!!

Notices

Frustration has the best of me!!!!

Old 05-21-2012, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frustration has the best of me!!!!

I can't deal with another dead beat buyer! Holly cow, the amount of bad deals, tire kickers and blatant liars are killing me!
I don't know how people deal with this stuff. I guess thats why i have a garage full of old toys!!!
Old 05-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had one come for my fountain and while I was driving him back to the airport, he had his brother emailing me anonymously bad mouthing me and the boat. WTF? Should have dropped him off in Detroit!
Old 05-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Race it Chris, it will sell it , new class to help combine, very usable boat.

Last edited by byrideroffshore; 05-22-2012 at 06:59 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Registered

Tony, I'm out with the racing, can't do it anymore! Too disappointing! As far as the boat being usable I totally agree. How did you guys run this past weekend? Always great to see your boat, good luck this year!
Chris
Old 05-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Superheat
Tony, I'm out with the racing, can't do it anymore! Too disappointing! As far as the boat being usable I totally agree. How did you guys run this past weekend? Always great to see your boat, good luck this year!
Chris
Disappointing? How so?

Rich
Old 05-22-2012, 06:05 AM
Registered

Chris, I know your racing experience wasnt a good one, but its not uncommon to be steered into a direction that is either boring or "financially surprising". I am sure you fall into one or both. This past weekend (while dissapointing personally") was probably one of the best races Ive been to in a long time. The sight was fantastic and the adjustments and people ( STIHL) we had the pleasure to work with was equally fantastic and promising. If your boat was in Coaco it probably would of won. Trimming RPM and adding weight will allow us to be able to move more boats to the Class and improve competition. Any "true racer" wants the most competition he can get. Billy and Jay from WHM have always felt the same and were great to work with this weekend. Lowering the Rpm will drastically lower engine rebuild (one a year) costs and fuel costs ( possibly pump gas) to a point of affordabilty for a lot of people. Lastly with the reduction in speeds will make the boats very safe in the event of an accident. You probabaly have one of the safest ones out there Chris ,just need a pair of motors. Youve already spent 90% you need to go racing. I promise you 2nd time around would be much better.

PS -Should of listened to me the first time. ( Your the type of person we want in our class)

Last edited by byrideroffshore; 05-22-2012 at 06:10 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:09 AM
Registered

Tony, I agree with you. The people themselves are awesome but even in a room filled to the brim with great people your going to have issues. Maybe from personality differences, historical issues, who knows what causes is! In fact, I remember when you let me run your boat in Patchoque the first year when I was thinking of racing a cat. How cool was that!

The money factor as we all know plays a part in our decissions but that really wasn't the main reason I was burnt.

Honestly Tony, I do miss it! That's why last year I tried to make the season openner in Sunny Ises, FL. I spent over $100,000 probably closer to $125,000 in rebuilding, replacing and recomissioning the boat only to be disappointed again! At that point I made the decision to move on!

That being said, this post was about the frustration in selling a boat! I'm sure I will see you soon and when I do we need to catch up my friend!

All the best, Chris
Old 05-22-2012, 07:09 PM
Registered

Done correctly , that would of ran Supercat motors for 2 years...Like I said" financially surprising"....
you need to call the right people, not the "blood suckers"....I ran a pair 5 races with one $7000 top end done..... too bad u would of had alot of fun...Still not too late...

maybe u can borrow a couple of mine

Last edited by byrideroffshore; 05-22-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Registered

good luck on selling a canopied race boat. just get is prepped for storage.

the economy is still in the sh%tter, then there's far too many high end pleasure cats that are almost being given away. just look at the classifieds under skater. you need a certain person that has cash on hand and wants that type of boat. unfortunately there's only vultures out there right now.

tony, what are you guys doing to make the catlite and SC be competive?

as for motors, knock the compression down to 10 or under and keep rpm under 7000. you'd make it all season, or atleast 8 races.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:51 AM
Registered

Exactly what we talkd about, comp at 10, In Coaco ran 7000 and added 200lbs to start , 8 races very realistic....your on the money my friend...thats why i told him to race it, and not cut the top off wont make any "dollar" sense. He just got caught up in some bad "advise". 125k to recom a boat what do u think about that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.