Notices

Carb Motors

Old 11-21-2013, 03:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 151 Likes on 18 Posts

Since frank was speaking out of class when he started this thread i will give my input. and i do have a dog in this fight. Spec carb engines in the Supervee Extreme class is a stupid idea. The class should be no horsepower or weight restrictions and should be a "run what you brung" class. The fans REALLY want to see the biggest supercharged or turbo'ed big blocks money can buy chasing each other around the course. We all use different technology to make our boats fast and we all have worked years on our systems. For SBI to change this is the dumbest idea ive heard yet and will eliminate boats from coming to races. They should bring back the Supervee Limited for the boats and racers who want to run a spec engine. Ive spoke personally to all the teams and only know of one who actually wants it because its close to the engine he runs now. Hell i even think you "Lite" boys should start throwing some big power in to make it exciting. Maybe then you can run down Jansen.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to be clear, SBI is working with class at their request on a motor package that the teams have given SBI their input. The class will vote on the package after the final draft is done per the info they have supplied SBI. If the class doesnt want it as u say then it wont be approved pretty simple it will get voted down.

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 11-21-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

just to be clear from somebody in the class and someone who as attended meetings in regards to this issue. SBI is not working on this with the class, one racer named Peter Meyer (who's retiring again or so he says) is requesting this. No other team in the meeting i attended even expressed interest in this. Who are the teams supplying SBI with this spec engine info Frank? There has also been emails circulating in the class expressing to SBI why this is not a good idea and its forcing big power supervees into the cat unlimited class . im also confused on why you have become a spokes person for SBI in the supervee extreme class?
Old 11-22-2013, 01:58 PM
Registered

Call me and I can get up to speed.

321 693-0023
Old 11-22-2013, 04:04 PM
bwd
Registered

Smaller engines in that class would be a darn shame. Granted, only once a year do all the big boys show up but its a heck of a class to watch. I wonder how Billy from twisted metal feels about ripping out his 1200's for a set of spindly 700's. or any other for that matter. Oh and btw I thought is was totally lame that they(sbi) put the Cat-killer in with the unlimited cats. What is the big difference between a 42 Fountain with 1200's or a OL and a 45 Fountain w/1500's? The class is capped at 117 anyway.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:11 PM
Registered

Bill is all about it, he's over throughing good money after bad to try and finish a race. Spoke to Bill in KW and looking forward to reliable cost affective racing. We all like to watch the unlimited classes but not pay what some of these team pay to keep running.

The class motor is not going to be 700hp, not sure where that came from?
Old 11-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Its cat killer, the infamous machine Reggie designed, dialed in and promoted to kill cats, Its all he could talk about for several years. He drove his company into the ground promoting its virtues, and you say its lame it had to race against cats. Its the cat killier, not the llama lover, not the puppy pounder, its THE CAT KILLER Shouldn't it be racing cats???
Old 11-22-2013, 04:23 PM
bwd
Registered

Its a boat, like any other and was in the wrong class. As for the class changes, I guess I was misinformed. Oh, and btw, Reggie doesn't own it anymore. As far as I know it was bought as a basket case. The drives were even clipped. Kudos to the new owner and small crew for getting it back together to go play.

Last edited by bwd; 11-22-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Frank, whatever is in that vapor you smoke must be going to your head. Billy was NOT all about it when i spoke to him. what is so cost effective about the motors they are proposing? i happen to have almost the identical motors they are proposing for my apache and they make about 680-720hp. not sure where you are getting your information. You should worry about the class YOU race and stop acting like you are gods gift to offshore racing and know whats best for classes you dont even race. Joe Lamberti from cat killer drove for me in Clearwater this year and i can guarantee i can out run that boat. matter of fact i beat him in KW in 2010 in the friday race and he only beat me sunday because Peter loaned him a set of engines and i broke a drive shaft. Joe is cool as sh!t but i agree he needs to come race with the rest of the supervee extremes. ive got a point to prove to him. and if peter and billy want to run the same motor then they can race the supervee limited class.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

if they implement a spec motor for the extreme class next year im dropping to p3 and going to beat the crap out of kilted tilt and daredevils new boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.