Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
The Freeport situation >

The Freeport situation

Notices

The Freeport situation

Old 10-29-2002, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you've been in business, you'd know that contracts go badly sometimes. WTF are you going do? work through the issues. sounds like APBA is working through the issues. results are never immediate when negotiations break down. i would be a bit unhappy myself if it were my boats, but if i chose to go to the Bahamas and race with APBA , then I would accept that APBA is an organization I want to deal with and anything can happen in the caribean.

on a side note: i have a caribean owner who owes me $6.5 million that he is unable to pay me for work completed. you bet i'm upset. that's my F'ing money, but contracts are contracts and issues need to be resolved through the contract. I bet APBA is working to resolve the issue within the parameters of the contract.
Old 10-29-2002, 02:52 PM
Jeff

wow, are you ever a trusting soul. It won't be that big of a deal, just pay the money and sort it out later and everyone will be happy. I don't let people get into me for $50,000 in construction before I want some more good faith money or you are asking for a problem. 6.5 million,Geeeeez, there would be someone MIA in that deal.

Old 10-29-2002, 02:52 PM
searider

Reply to "Pokerface"

The original calculations were made based upon the actual measurements taken when the units arrived at the port of Miami.
The "advance infomration is always helpful but, we found that there were last minute changes and that this informationis not really reliable. Actual measurement is.

The original "Estimates" were NOT provided by the Carrier. These were rough estimates produced by Mr. Zoli.

No one had any idea of what would show up at the docks. That is why the quote and the ensuing contract were based upon "by the square Meter" only. Who culd predict exactly how many square meters would show up at the docks ?

No one was OFF! If there is a general feeling that the measurements are in error, then an overcharge claim can be filed with proof of the over-measure. This is a possibility, if it can be proven.........

Old 10-29-2002, 03:05 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Jeff
wow, are you ever a trusting soul. It won't be that big of a deal, just pay the money and sort it out later and everyone will be happy. I don't let people get into me for $50,000 in construction before I want some more good faith money or you are asking for a problem. 6.5 million,Geeeeez, there would be someone MIA in that deal.
trust me whe i tell you i trust no one. my point is it's the caribbean and unforseen things happen even if it's only the bahamas. and what are you going to do about a bad contract, take out the government of the dominican republic who owes me the money or the head of the transportation company that APBA has issues with? no. you look to the contract to see what the dispute resolution clause states and you work from there. This isn't the 1st time APBA has written or read a contract and I'm sure they are working through the parameters of the contract to resolve the dispute. that's what i have to do, but unfortunately it takes time. i don't believe APBA went into the contract with the intent the racers would be in a bind. Their intent was to put on a great race at a new venue. things happen. let them deal with it. rather than criticize help to resolve the issue.

remember, if you're not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
Old 10-29-2002, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default wow

6.5m thats a lot of candy.

Dredge, Im not trying to slam just commenting on how it sucks for the guys that fuel the sport (and my entertainment).

Hey APBA disputing over money owed.......hmmmmm sound familar. FT Myers/Sarasota/St Pete.

Searider may or may not be at fault but there is no denying the APBA's history of non paymet of bills. (unless my info is wrong).

Do you think this could happen in NASCAR??

Just stirrin the kettle.

Maximus

Last edited by Maximus; 10-30-2002 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-29-2002, 03:20 PM
Registered

maximus, i agree the situation isn't benefiting anyone. even the shipping company has costs associated with not releasing the boats. neither party is jumping up and down for joy when there is a dispute. i would rather use the forum to offer assitance to the racers and APBA than to stir the pot. some OSO members have offered some help. GREAT! it can be a frustrating sport, butwe all love it.
Old 10-29-2002, 03:45 PM
searider

Reply to "Maximus"

"Whoa there cowboy !"

Seariders is your freight forwarder and Custom Broker. We prepared the export and import documents and cleared the boats when they got back on Friday. Seariders is NOT at fault for anything !

Our job was completed when Customs signed off and released the cargo.

This dispute, if there is one, is between APBA and "Seaboard Marine". Seaboard is the Carrier who owns and operates the ship.

Please don't even try to put any blame on Seariders. Right now we're trying to get both parties to talk and come up with something positive.

I guess the old saying. "No good deed goes unpunished" still holds true.

BUT, please remember this is NOT a SEARIDERS caused situation. We did our job well and our responsibilities ended when the cargo was released by Customs.

From that point on, I'm only trying to help..........

Old 10-29-2002, 04:45 PM
Registered

Searider.....I understand the Original Calculations at the Port of Miami are the ones to go by....but everyone was required to submit measurements with our applications to your company. When I arrived at Miami..my "Original Calculations" matched the ones I submited to Seariders with my application. Why wasn't anyone able to "Estimate" any better from the paperwork. You had advance knowledge of the measurements. I can understand one or two changes from the measurements we sent you...but as others have said the difference is nearly 25% wrong. Is it the measurements...or were some vehicles added at the port that weren't in your advanced paperwork? Adding a Tractor Trailer rig at the last minute will make up the difference in a hurry. What about the vehicles people said they were bringing and didn't?
Old 10-29-2002, 04:50 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

as for my $.02:

what do you want from me I'm a wiseass punk kid
(beside a shrink ray would fix the problems)

SHRINK RAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2002, 05:55 PM
Registered

Originally posted by puder
as for my $.02:

what do you want from me I'm a wiseass punk kid
(beside a shrink ray would fix the problems)

SHRINK RAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you may also need a time machine since the shipment has already occurred. then you would be unstoppable.

Quick Reply: The Freeport situation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.