Notices

donzi #1

Old 11-28-2002, 09:47 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

yea scott . . i was watching from the wall that day . . they were making up lost ground real quick . . .i didnt know that they were hit though . . that sux . . did the boat that hit them recieve any penalty . . just curious . .
Old 11-28-2002, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone has there Info backwards and wrong! Donzi did not get the penilty, They were hit in the rear at both races, The first race they were hit bad and limped around the course. The second race they were hit again but recovered, It looks like if you can't beat them (Hit Them) The penilty went against the other team. I didn't know Bravo 1 4 blade props were unaproved? Since when!
Next year there will even be more Zrs on the race field!

Congradulations Team Donzi A well deserved win!
Attached Thumbnails donzi #1-donzi-f1-offshore.jpg  
Old 11-28-2002, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First race they were hit on the left rear corner by Speedwear, who I believe was penalized. No major damge to the boat. One motor lost an oil pressure sensor which put the motor into the limp home mode, so they limped to 4th place. Sunday the were hit and spun, cracking a gimble and putting them way behind at the start. The made up 6 places, but could not get any further up. Watching from the water, it looked like they needed 4 more laps to get to the front of the pack, but alas it wasn't going to happen. Still, an excellent finish to a stellar premier season.

Congratulations to Doug and Mike in the boat, Dave Pyc and Mark in the pits busting their ass's keeping everything perfect, and to Steve Simon and Lee Kimmel for building & sponsoring a great boat! Next year will be kickass, stay tuned for further developments, or visit the Miami Boat Show for the newest revelation (s) from Team Donzi!!

Scott

Last edited by Scott B; 11-29-2002 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-28-2002, 11:09 AM
TulsaLarry

What's the penalty for taking out a bouy?
Attached Thumbnails donzi #1-23img0222-med.jpg  

Old 11-28-2002, 02:38 PM
Registered

Still saying GO DONZI!!
Old 11-28-2002, 02:40 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Seriously Tred I hate it when you butter it up and hold back Wish you has better luck down there this year.

Jon
Old 11-28-2002, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YA ME TO. THE BOAT WAS SMOKIN AND I HAD THE RACE BUT THE MOTOR JUST DID'NT WANT TO GO NO MORE.

TREADWELL
Old 11-28-2002, 02:55 PM
TwisterF2

Tred well put. You are correct about Donzi hitting Speedwear because we were next to Speedwear and had to chop the throttles when we saw Donzi taking the wrong line. We went to the outside and saw them run into Speedwear.

As for the props, you are 100% correct. I know this from not only other Factory II racers but also an official I spoke to.

Congratulations to Todd and Lance for taking the 2002 F2 Championship. Thanks again to you and your crew for staying up till 3am Saturday morning and helping us fix our boat to make sure we were able to race on Sunday

Old 11-28-2002, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well guy's i would have to say today is definatly thanksgiving.

ii am now enjoying my donzi turkey roast.

as the old wise man always said cheaters never prosper just get roasted

Treadwell
Old 11-28-2002, 06:42 PM
Registered

Treadwell,

You jumped in and cut to the chase as usuall, I didn't even have time to finish my popcorn. Well said.

Quick Reply: donzi #1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.