Notices

donzi #1

Old 11-29-2002, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

scott b and to all.

first all i agree on many points you have. unfortunatley you have gone beyond my statement. this thread was started with a question that i clarafied and others backed me on it. well my personal opinion may not be liked the facts speek for themselves. as to the all you guy's suck was not ment in a dragatory way it was meant in a fun way to get your stories straight before you say anything. i just corected everybody.

so i apologize if anbody took that particular stement the wrong way but i still stand behind the rest because it's the truth.

you asked i replied with the truth.

can't kill the messenger

Treadwell
Old 11-30-2002, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default arrgh

Nobody wants to kill the messager,
they just want him to drop the keyboard
and get into the shop
AND MAKE HIS BOAT FASTER.

One of the first things I learned in competition-
If I've got you worried about what I'm doing
instead of concentrating on what You're doing...
I got you half beaten.
Old 11-30-2002, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Just a thought but maybe they were just testing those props for next year when they will be leagal.After there finish on Wed. maybe they didnt have a chance to win so they decided to do some testing for next year. Im not taking sides thats what we have inspectors for and there word is final.
Randy
Old 12-01-2002, 05:11 AM
Registered

randy,

why would those props be legal next year.

Treadwell
Old 12-01-2002, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same reason 5 blade hydros, 5 and 4 blade herrings, and other prop mods that fall under the existing rules. can you add material to your current prop to increase strength??...can you currently add material to repair a cracked blade??? how about increasing a difuser ring to be able plane better??? what about cryo, heat treat???
Old 12-01-2002, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Tread, I dont know what kind of props they were running,I thought that maybe they were 5 blade hydomotives which I have heard will be leagal next year.Hearing and seeing are to differant things till its in the rule book next year.Like I said before I am not defending anyone here just some thoughts
Randy
Old 12-02-2002, 09:14 AM
Registered

yes many new props will be legal next year but the rules will remain the same that you can only bluprint them, they must remain a certain thickness. yes may may fix them if they break. no matter what they make legal you can not take a prop of a manufature and cut the ears off and and weld ears from another prop to it. they must be from the original casting. you may shape or bend them and thats it.

Treadwell
Old 12-02-2002, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Scott B

You mention claiming parts. Propellers can be claimed per the 2002 APBA Offshore Racing Rules. Page 50, section F, item 7. Does anyone know if this has ever been done?

Raynman
Old 12-02-2002, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good question, and one I can't answer. But, if it can be done, someone should claim Donzi's as they pushed the boat from ninth to third.I wonder what a difference a few more laps would have made in the standings? Whatever, not trying to feed the flames, here, just waiting for next year

Audacity, awesomne video on your website. Enjoyed seeing the boat in the pits, cant wait to see her on the course next year!

Scott B
Old 12-03-2002, 11:55 AM
Registered

answer to question. yes prop claiming has been done. the only loop hole is for intance todd welling won the race and beat donzi he cannot claim the props. it has to be a team that came in behind donzi. in most cases the samaller teams don't have the budget to run around and claim props. plus there is a unwritten and unspoken rule of respect between racers that you don't claim someones prop for the hell of it. you have to be sure somthing is truly wrong. by the time all the bull**** went down in kew west it was to late for anybody to claim them. but you better belive it will be done next year a least once to keep them on there toes.

Treadwell

Quick Reply: donzi #1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.