Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Mercury/Vortec and APBA >

Mercury/Vortec and APBA

Notices

Mercury/Vortec and APBA

Old 01-23-2003, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Steve Miklos I know you read this stuff and you have the answers to many questions.Can you please help us understand some of the reasons all these motors are leagal in a class that is desighned to have just one motor?We wont shoot the messanger.
Randy
Old 01-23-2003, 02:10 PM
2fast4u

With Gmc being a major sponsor and posting a nice over all prize money, I don't see APBA letting a Merc engine win the overall prize money. If a new merc 525 starts winning they will have weight added till the HP3 can win!! If you race a merc engine you will be put under the microscope a lot to be sure your legal. The smart teams will race the engine of the major sponsor (GMC) that supports the F1. F2. SVL1, SVL2 IMO

Old 01-23-2003, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

They better get out there microscope then because we are running a Merc. and plan on kicking but who ever runs against us.As for being leagal wouldnt have any other way.There is no victory in cheating.
Randy
Old 01-23-2003, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2fast4u,

I believe the tests have shown incredibly close parity between the HP3 and 525. Both are dynoed at CRE and sealed.

My experience with APBA is one where they do what is necessary to make sure we have close deck-to-deck racing without one team dominating. I don't believe APBA Offshore would even consider skewing the rules to give advantage to GM or Merc. The teams and manufactures are comprised of very intelligent people who would see right through a ploy like this. Both sponsors are very important to the future of our sport. It just wouldn't happen.

J
Old 01-23-2003, 03:46 PM
Registered

Typhoon racing is the exception. Since they dogged it all year, and busted out at the Worlds, they be torndown and stripped searched after every race.

J
Old 01-23-2003, 03:47 PM
xtremeracingf1

I dont believe that if you protested APBA or made a stand you would only get suspended.We"ve seen that before and the out come.If APBA did it to Reggie with all his sponsor money and amount of boats he ran what chance do you think you or I would have.Another thing that is going to be a major problem is that Inovation is building and CRE thier own engines.That will be one for the books.

Old 01-23-2003, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I think I understand where he is going with his statement. Will GM pay the money to a team that wins with a Mercury package or will they not be included in the continengy money since they are not running Vortec motors.
Old 01-23-2003, 03:56 PM
Registered

"Specific details on program eligibility will be forthcoming."

J
Old 01-23-2003, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

By the way I just talked to Innovation and still no price on the Vortec engine lease. I hope it comes soon.
Old 01-23-2003, 07:22 PM
diamonddaveF170

Guys,
It is tough to stay in F-1 , but if you love the sport you stick it out. Any way WHO WANTS TO BUY AN ACTIVATOR.Seriously if you want the faster of F-1 boats my is a steal since we are in the process of purchasing an F-2.. If you need details call my office 732-549-1800.
Dave
Watch out for those Typhoon guys, with no activators around they may be unstoppable, Right Randy!!

Quick Reply: Mercury/Vortec and APBA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.