Notices

Point Pleasant's Final Results

Old 08-15-2003, 06:49 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Point Pleasant's Final Results

Anyone have info on the race today???

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-16-2003, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I have in my head (and care for) are the P4 results:

#1: Augie !
#2: Randy & Glenn !
#3: The Bad Boy Cat
#4: White Trash ...........

Ron is the official scorekeeper around here. As soon as he has taken care of his headache, he'll post the results....
Old 08-16-2003, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I was at the race and was curious about a few things,first in P5 you have a 30 ft twin engine boat racing against many other smaller boats,doesnt seem like that it very fair,smaller boats with single engine power.Then we gp to P4 you have a guy with a 38 foot scarab with twin big blocks and big horsepower against a single engine 29 ft boat,who did very well considering his disadvantage,way to go Randy & Glenn and the same goes for all of the other classes,the only way the P structure is going to work and be fair is you have certain length and certain motor size single and twin engine classes,and I was also under the impression that the p5 class when it was introduced by the JERSEY BOYS was going to be a true entry level class and as I saw yesterday it is not.these guys were running high tech race boats,P3 appeared to be the class with the closest racing with the WAZZUP crew looking very good and working well together.I know that these topics have been disguessed before and that it hasnt changed anything,also if you can somehow get affiliated with APBA it would be a bonus for all involved but I also know that Kurt B does not for some reason want that to happen.Well good luck in the future
Old 08-16-2003, 04:48 PM
Registered

That guy in the 38 Scarab is Augie, and he can race P4 in the Queen Mary if he's so inclined.

I am a card carrying member of APBA. I'm also a member of OPA. Not card carrying - they have no cards, they know who you are and where you live.

OPA is the home of no chickenchit racing, and it's good that way.

Last edited by Peconic; 08-18-2003 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-17-2003, 09:12 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1Hyper1, hey yes I'm the guy along with Kevin in the 38 scarab with the twin big blocks that looks and sounds GREAT, like a real race boat! I write this in response to you reply, We have a 38 foot boat that weighs 12,500lb.,( going against 6,7 and 8000 lp. boats) with fuel, everyone will tell ya we FILL up for every race...140 gallons in the main tank(Fridays race we used 3/4 of the tank).....we have two(2) 10 foot sofas,a queen size bed, 2 closets, a refrigerator, a bathroom with a sink and running water minus the toilet and a back seat and yes we kinda have BIG POWER(700 hp each engine) 1400 hp total. We raced in APBA in Millwaukee last Saturday and they put NOT ONE but TWO GPS's on The Delicate Sound Of Thunder.............79.2 was what came up on both...........we went against the P4 high points leaders Dennis and Pat on Team Sonic Racing...............we got them in the turns we broke they won, our on board camera from freeze frame shows me with my right are hanging off the side of the boat because there was no need for me to keep them on the throttles, I know the boat doesn't do more than 80 on the nose and the water was so calm it didn't matter,,,,,,a little cockey but that's just me......Pat did a hell of a job driving and keeping us behind them on the turns and when they went into a little spin when we pass them on a turn Dennis knew just what to do to with the sticks to get them outta danger..............this race Randy and Glen had at least a 3/4 to a mile lead on us, they stuffed it and we won. At the first Jersey Boyz meeting back in December some people brought up the same concerns as you and it was RANDY that told the entire meeting that we had the PERFECT P4 boat. We do have VERY HIGH TECH boats here in Jersey, just look in by the engines and go to Smitty's Marina(WAZZUP) or Kurts and see the parts that were BORROWED from friends boats just to get us into the race.........We are about Family Fun, having a good time with ALL the guy's and as far as I know there was only one team that choose not to run so for our season ending race in Maryland we will be getting GPS's to make everyone that types on a computer instead of racing with us and having fun.....HAPPY. The Jersey Boyz don't have to cheat, we run you down, keep you thinking all race and either we break or we kick you a$$, we don't loose(or we try not too) Hyper, give us a break, this is our first year(Smitty, Tony P. and Myself) giving Kurt the help he really never had....we are doing the best we can.....GPS's cost $$$$$$$$, we sure could use a donation if your up to it and if you need a little more information you can call Smitty or Myself anytime.......let us know. Thanks for the input and if you can help us in anyway that would be great. Regards Augie

Last edited by A.Pensa; 08-17-2003 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-17-2003, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Well put Augie!
1Hyper1, As a member of the Sonic Boom team (P5-15), and having it be our first season racing. We are the new kids on the block, but we have never felt that way!!
Although our team would very much like to see GPS, which it has been said to us that we will have them for the Maryland race, it hasn't stopped us from having a great time and meeting a bunch of new friends!
The "Jerzey Boyz" have done nothing but help us go out and race!!
Are there some class rules that need to be refined, maybe?? Yes, I do feel that we could look at the
classes and what boats are in them a little more carefully!!
The GPS will even out he playing field!!
Even the size difference between the boats, over the course of the season works itself out. The bigger boats have an advantage on the rougher days and the smaller boats have the adavantage on the calmer days!! "Typhoon" was ahead of the "The Delicate Sound of Thunder" for a good part of the race, and then had a little bobble and lost the lead, Thats racing!! It will work out over the whole season.
It is not just the fastest boat, this sport is about endurance, you could have the fastest boat but if every nut and bolt are not tight , or you use the "wrong brand fuel pump" (inside joke, no names mentioned") "YOU WON'T FINISH!!
I am proud to be a part of the OPA and have felt very welcomed into the "Jerzey Boyz Family".
So if you feel you have something positive to contribute to our group, by all means come and join us, I am sure if you are sincere in wanting to help the OPA grow you will be welcomed with open arms as We have.

TomR
P5-15 "Sonic Boom"
Old 08-17-2003, 10:11 AM
VIP Member

Default Boyz

All I have to say, You guys are the best! It makes it all worth while. The truth be told aside from the racing, I have never been associated, with a better bunch in my life. Any one of the Boyz would give anything he had to help another. True Class!
Old 08-17-2003, 10:33 AM
JOHNF

Ed, what were the final results for p5 1st to 7th place ?

John f
Sonic Boom

Old 08-17-2003, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey Augie,
I didnt say that your boat didnt sound and look good because it did.I also wasnt trying to offend or piss anyone off so I am sorry if I did.The point I was trying to make os that with certain water conditions you guys would be able to kick but over the smaller boats,tell me that I am wrong.The reality of it is you should be racing against guys with the the same or close to horse power,boat length,twin or single with seperate classes for both the twin and single engine boats.Randy and Glenn are awsome competitors and great racers as everyone knows and always push very hard and I am sorry to here that they had a problem.Also what is the problem with APBA White trash is it because you personally had a problem with them or because you are listening to someone else.I think what you guys are doing is great but just not quite fair in my opinion,also I will run the Maryland race and I will prove that what I am saying is true and I am looking foreward to running with you guys.Also if you think about the P5 class twins running against a much smaller boat with one engine is not fair ether if you think about it,and you would have to agree with me like alot of other people do and that is why alot of the guys with the smaller boats are not participating including some of the people that you all know very well,SEE YOU IN MARYLAND and be safe.EVERYONE.
Old 08-18-2003, 06:35 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hyper, you are 100% correct, Atlantic City was rough water and we had 1/4 lap lead on Team Sonic and Typhoon(Both Lighter Boats), Millwaukee was calm water, we stayed right with Team Sonic, Friday was real calm oceans............Typhoon blew us away and I'm sure Team Sonic would have been close to Mad Dog and Hollywood leaving our Flying Condo way back ......BUT......that's all part of racing"ON ANY GIVIN' SUNDAY(in this case Friday) You can Either Win or Loose" No one is pissed off at you or anyone else, We (OPA) and The Jersey Boyz are doing the best we can with what we have........I'm sure with a little more time we'll be getting better and better.We'll see ya in Maryland and if anything comes into your head that might help us all please call......My cell 3 is 201-665-1033 and Smitty's work is 732-920-3945....Later Augie

Quick Reply: Point Pleasant's Final Results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.