Constructive Thread/racing >

Constructive Thread/racing

Notices

Constructive Thread/racing

Old 01-04-2004, 11:20 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lobersterboy, that T-Shirt trailer thing is a great idea.
Old 01-04-2004, 02:46 PM
Allan4

I also like the t-shirt idea. Controling this may be an issue, but there are ways around this for sure. I too give away tons of freebies and it costs $ to do so. A central area for people to buy merchandise (the BIGGEST $$$ maker in NASCAR) is a great idea....one or 2 trailers...etc...set up an autograph tent right next to it and people can get thier new hat/shirt/poster/etc signed by their favorite racer. I mean, guys racing $5k dirt cars have this stuff figured out...why don't we?

As for Hero Cards, I think that should be left up to individial teams. They need to learn how to promote themselves and their sponsors....if 10 of 15 teams have Hero Cards...5 teams are missing out. They need to step up to the plate, if they indeed want to. All goes back to individual responsibility of each team. We have to learn how to market our team, sponsors and sport correctly. I am telling you, it is not brain science, really it is just a matter of doing things correctly and with class, in my opinion. The more of this stuff that is implemented correctly, the more $ that comes into the sport.

Cuda...my reference to the 13 NASCAR series was more to demonstrate that they really know how to entertain...it is not just Winston Cup (er...Nextel Cup), but I agree with you, I sometimes have a hard time following a race myself. 5-7 clasees max would be my thought. And run them in 3 races or something like that...ON TIME!!

In Cup racing (I know I am refering to it alot, but that is where my experience is, I am just trying to pass it on) you can't just buy pit or garage passes. You basically have to be a team member or a VIP of a certain team(even though it has gotten liberal enough to seem like they sell passes to the general public). So, to charge to get into the dry pits I think is certainly fine. Even the local dirt track charges to enter the pits. A general admittance of $10-$12 will get you into the grandstand, but it is $20 to enter the pits at most normal Sat night roundy rounder shows. I think something like that is fine. As well, it helps lesson potential security/liability isssues, becuase everyone who is in the pits has signed a waiver/disclaimer and there is some control of who is going in and out of the pits. That being said, the drivers need to be accessable both in and out of the dry pits for fan interaction. That does not mean in every instance, that means when reasonable. I would not let fans inthe wet pits...on the perimeter yes, but not inside the wet pits. You don't see fans on pit road or on the staging lane at a Top Fuel race, do you?

Just some more thoughts to kick around.....

Old 01-04-2004, 05:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Well stated Allan.

I know the APBA was working on the T-shirt trailer a year back, hopefully it will make it's way back to the front of the ideas.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:24 AM
Registered

Speaking of positive....how about this for positive:

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/religion...533298,00.html
Old 01-05-2004, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by KenD
Speaking of positive....how about this for positive:

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/religion...533298,00.html
Good stuff. What is the latest on your new boat Ken?
Old 01-05-2004, 10:51 AM
Allan4

Very neat article...

MRO is a big part of the NASCAR family, infact, they hold church service in the garages at 10:30am raceday...just about all the drivers and crew chiefs go.

Okay guys, I promise I will stop the NASCAR references, I am sure it is getting old Just trying to pass on info

Old 01-05-2004, 11:25 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Great story Ken, Jim has been there for all of us.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:48 AM
Registered

Phantom1,

The new boat is coming along just fine. Will is in the middle of rigging and we'll be testing props with Matt & Julie in February. Life is good....thanks for asking.
Old 01-06-2004, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by KenD
Phantom1,

The new boat is coming along just fine. Will is in the middle of rigging and we'll be testing props with Matt & Julie in February. Life is good....thanks for asking.
Can't wait to see it......hint....hint....photos?

Last edited by Phantom1; 01-06-2004 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:15 PM
Registered

Phantom1,

Try this:

Phantom 38 Progress Photos

Now,

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.....

Quick Reply: Constructive Thread/racing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.