Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Owner's Group or Sanctioning Body???? >

Owner's Group or Sanctioning Body????

Notices

Owner's Group or Sanctioning Body????

Old 12-31-2003, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the exact thing that happened in the 1980s that got things as screwed up as they are now. I guess we will never learn.
Those who do not know their history are doomed to repeat it.
Old 01-02-2004, 04:55 PM
LOBSTERBOY

Originally posted by mmwalters
This is the exact thing that happened in the 1980s that got things as screwed up as they are now. I guess we will never learn.
Those who do not know their history are doomed to repeat it.
That's RIGHT !!!!!! Here we go again !?!

Old 01-02-2004, 07:18 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dig up an old Powerboat magazine dated February 1993.
The article is titled, "Offshore Racing- On course or off?"
Excerpt from article- At the onset of the year (1992), there were four circuits all saying, "We're the One". Now there are basically two national circuits. One is APBA and the other is a joint venture betwenn Super Boat Racing Inc. (SBR) and the U.S. Offshore Racing Association....................................... ..............
The last sentence of the article reads, "You just never know what will happen next year," says Gary Pearson, president of (the now defunct) U.S. Offshore Racing Association.
Old 01-04-2004, 07:59 AM
Registered

Funny how Bertel was bashing me when I was asking the tough questions about the LLC. He was telling me that I need to stand behind them etc etc etc. Now look...he starts his board for racers past present and future, I am denied access and now he is on this board. Hey Bertel, you lied when you said there where no hidden agendas, you lied when you said your board was for racers past present and future and now after you bashed me for asking questions that would divulge the TRUTH you do this.

Last edited by Shane; 01-04-2004 at 09:09 AM.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:04 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Shane
Funny how Bertel was bashing me when I was asking the tough questions about the LLC. He was telling me that I need to stand behind them etc etc etc. Now look...he starts his board for racers past present and future, I am denied access and now he is on this board. Hey Bertel, you lied when you said there where no hidden agendas, you lied when you said your board was for reacers past present and future and now after5 you bashed me for asking questions that would divulge the TRUTH you do this.

SHane

It doesn`t say PAST RACES . It says WETPITS.com ,A PRIVATE FORUM FOR ACTIVE RACERS.

(Didn`t Nicky drop you about 7 yrs ago)

So Grow Up and stop crying

Last edited by Hauling Trash; 01-04-2004 at 08:18 AM.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:11 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Hauling Trash
SHane

It doesn`t say PAST RACES . It says WETPITS.com ,A PRIVATE FORUM FOR ACTIVE RACERS.

(Didn`t Nicky drop you about 7 yrs ago)

So Grow Up and stop crying
Mike,

You just don't get it do you?
Old 01-04-2004, 09:20 PM
merlin540

I JUST HOPE THAT MORE TIME IS SPENT TO MAKE THE P/CLASSES BETTER. WIRE TIES TO SEAL G/P/S BOXES. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

Old 01-04-2004, 10:12 PM
merlin540

USE A SEAL THAT IS NOT AVALIABLE EVERYWHERE, LIKE A HP500 ENGINE SEAL. IT WOULD BE EASY TO MAKE SOMETHING LIKE THAT AND PUT APBA OFFSHORE ON IT. THEN THERE WOULD BE DISCUSSION EXCEPT IF THE GPS FAILED. THERE SHOULD BE RULES IN THE RULE BOOK IF THIS HAPPENS BECAUSE IT IS A ISSUE. IT WOULD KEEP EVERY THING FAIR AND SQUARE. JUST MY 2 CENTS. ON A LIGHTER NOTE I ENJOYED RACING A I WILL RACE THE OLD 32 UNTIL SOMETHING BETTER COMES ALONG. WHEN THAT HAPPENS LOOK OUT!! SEE YA

Old 01-04-2004, 10:20 PM
merlin540

ALSO DOESNT THE APBA RULEBOOK STATE THAT A PX BOAT HAS TO HAVE A ENCLOSED CANOPY UNLESS YOU SUBMIT A EXEMPTION TO APBA, POPEYES PX BOAT IS NOT TOTALLY ENCLOSED AND IT RACED PX IN ORANGE BEACH. WERE THE RULES BENT THERE TO FILL THE SHOW BECAUSE OF THE SUPER CAT SITUATION?? JUST CURIOUS. THEY RAN HARD AND DID A GREAT JOB, JUST GIVE OTHER ROOKIE RACERS A CHANCE TO SHOW THERE STUFF AGAINST THE OTHER BIG BOYS. YOU MIGHT BE SUPRISED WHAT COULD HAPPEN

Old 01-04-2004, 10:26 PM
Registered

Merlin I think it is way cool that the agitator boat still runs so great. I remember seeing it run when new, back in the 80s as Dirty Laundry. The 32' outboard hull High Risk still runs very very well. I guess skater knew what they were doing.
How about twist ties?

Quick Reply: Owner's Group or Sanctioning Body????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.